• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 MLB Season Thread

Without a stopper in the rotation since deGrom went down, the Mets are toast.

On the day that the Phillies retired Roy Halladay's #34. He said he wanted to pitch like Doc. "Today was his day; I just tried to pitch like him."

I think he came pretty close.

CANCEL DINGER!!!!!

ap_719623406200.jpg

Ball is carrying out to right at the Field of Dreams.... like a home run derby tonight.

The drone cam across the corn field, the ballpark and then into the houe through an open window and through the house was just amazing.

The centerfield camera is lower and closer to the action than any MLB park. It supplies a visual image akin to playing shortstop at the edge of the grass. Best ever. Minimal foul territory from first to third. Great for fans. The turf is next level. A combination of minimal usage and the richest soil in the nation. An extension ladder is required for the manual scoreboard in RCF. MLB got this right.

Six runs scored in the 9th. Four by Yankees to take an 8-7 lead. Then a walk followed by a walk-off HR by Tim Anderson in the bottom of the 9th.

Even though my Yankees lost, I'm thinking baseball heaven might just happen to be Iowa after tonight.

Fox has to happy with this broadcast. Great location. Great visuals. Fairy tale ending. Twice the ad revenue of any regular season game broadcast in the 25 year history of Fox baseball broadcasting.

Fox has to happy with this broadcast. Great location. Great visuals. Fairy tale ending. Twice the ad revenue of any regular season game broadcast in the 25 year history of Fox baseball broadcasting.

Agreed. Loved the whole thing. Right up to the part where Alex Rodriguez had to inject race into it.

Wasn't the point of the Field of Dreams that it was just so guys who loved the game could get together to play the game in its purest form without all the "extras". Basically, Fox, doing what Fox does best, figured out a way to commercialize that very message, complete with fireworks, a jumbotron in the outfield (above the cornfield), sky high ticket prices, commercials, and big time ad revenue. Congratulations, you fell for it.

Last edited:
Wasn't the point of the Field of Dreams that it was just so guys who loved the game could get together to play the game in its purest form without all the "extras". Basically, Fox, doing what Fox does best, figured out a way to commercialize that very message, complete with fireworks, a jumbotron in the outfield (above the cornfield), sky high ticket prices, commercials, and big time ad revenue. Congratulations, you fell for it. You should probably go listen to James Earl Jones' speech from the movie again.

Well, the movie was a commercial enterprise itself. I thought last night was great. Cheesy? Absolutely. But watching the players walk through the corn and the fireworks at the end of the game - amazing.

Wasn't the point of the Field of Dreams that it was just so guys who loved the game could get together to play the game in its purest form without all the "extras". Basically, Fox, doing what Fox does best, figured out a way to commercialize that very message, complete with fireworks, a jumbotron in the outfield (above the cornfield), sky high ticket prices, commercials, and big time ad revenue. Congratulations, you fell for it.

I'll take your omission of the Guy Fieri Apple Pie Hot Dog as an endorsement, live from Flavortown!

So, watching the Dodgers at Mets replay in a 4-4 game in the top of the 9th when some asshole in the crowd shoots a laser into the Dodgers' Muncy's eyes. Of course Mets security does nothing.

Stay classy Mets fans.

Last edited:
Back