• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 MLB Season Thread

Also, sucks the ALCS features two cheater teams.

Arguably, the toughest deciding game in MLB Division series history tonight. Including post season, the 109-58 Dodgers with MLB's only 20 game winner on the mound face the 109-57 Giants with Logan Webb who has been dominant at home this year -- 7-0 home record. The game is essentially a pick.

Would love to see the Giants end the Dodgers season....

Cardinals fire their manager Mike Shlidt. Didn't see that coming. FWIW, Shildt was born, raised and still lives in CLT.

Umpires stink. Gabe Morales should not umpire a significant game again. Not even remotely close to going there.

Probably the worst call in history on a checked swing puts the fucking Dodgers in the NLCS. Giants may have lost anyway but no game should end like that,
particularly a series clincher.

Last edited:
Tough way to lose a championship game. Wonder if MLB will try to spin the call or just keep quiet.

I must admit that I have coveted Joe Kelly since I first saw him pitch, even though two of the three teams for which he's played I hate.

And the third one has fans I do not like.

Umpires stink. Gabe Morales should not umpire a significant game again. Not even remotely close to going there.

Probably the worst call in history on a checked swing puts the fucking Dodgers in the NLCS. Giants may have lost anyway but no game should end like that,
particularly a series clincher.

Not sure what they teach at pro school but NCAA umpires are taught to watch for the barrel of the bat crossing the front hip. Way past the front hip here. What would a robot see better to know that wasn't a swing?

(Was pulling for the Giants)

BNG-L-GIANTS-1015-415.jpg

Yeesh that blown third strike call was a gamechanger. Sox stranding too many runners earlier in the game.

Had to go a ways back to find this thread.

Nothing concrete coming out about when there will be an agreement, but Manfred said they have agreed on universal DH and getting rid of draft pick compensation for draft picks. Last part a bit vague, guessing it means no loss of a pick for signing players on QOs.

Apparently, MLB and MLBPA will meet again over the weekend. Pitchers and catchers were scheduled to report as early as February 16 for some teams. Not happening. Spring training is a lock to be delayed, which sucks. Start of the season is in jeopardy. So typical that MLB is the only sport that can't figure out how to divide the billions of dollars that the owners and players will make. MLB can't get out of its own way.

MLBPA agreeing to the Universal DH basically makes me not side with them. They keep saying they are fighting for the little guy and not the multi millionaires. Well you basically just got rid of every PH in the league in exchange for one player on each team who will make bigger bucks.

MLBPA agreeing to the Universal DH basically makes me not side with them. They keep saying they are fighting for the little guy and not the multi millionaires. Well you basically just got rid of every PH in the league in exchange for one player on each team who will make bigger bucks.

It was gonna happen one way or another, especially after 2020. I still prefer the no-DH, for lots of reasons, but the game will adjust - PH isn't going anywhere, especially as SPs continue to go fewer and fewer innings.

Also, now I can get my hopes up that the Cubs can sign Castellanos and Correa.

As a NL guy, I wanted to keep the DH. But it is silly to have it in one league but not the other. And watching pitchers who can't hit bat isn't great viewing.

Back