Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: 2021 MLB Season Thread

  1. #81
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    I-95 WS!!!!!

  2. #82
    Any Deacs on rosters to start the season?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Shohei Ohtani had a pretty amazing season pitching debut game. Threw over 100 mph on several pitches. Hit 451 foot HR. First AL pitcher with a home run in decades.

    He was working on the old saw about how to win a ball game: pitch a shutout, hit a homerun.
    Heís definitely going to be a fun one to watch. Iím also glad he pitched yesterday and not today or tomorrow against the Astros. Canít go 162-0 if you donít go 6-0 😀

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    Any Deacs on rosters to start the season?
    Will Craig is the most recent. He played a little in 2020 for the Pirates, and was back in camp with them this Spring. Parker Dunshee started several Spring Training games for the A's. Stuart Fairchild played in several Spring Training games for the Diamondbacks as did Gavin Sheets with the White Sox. Also, Connor Johnstone pitched in a handful of ST games for the Braves. Currently, no WF players are on active MLB rosters, but it is likely that at least some of that group will get called up at some point this season.

  5. #85
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Will Craig is the most recent. He played a little in 2020 for the Pirates, and was back in camp with them this Spring. Parker Dunshee started several Spring Training games for the A's. Stuart Fairchild played in several Spring Training games for the Diamondbacks as did Gavin Sheets with the White Sox. Also, Connor Johnstone pitched in a handful of ST games for the Braves. Currently, no WF players are on active MLB rosters, but it is likely that at least some of that group will get called up at some point this season.
    Saw a few reports that thought Sheets might push for the DH job this spring, but I don't think his had a great showing. Fairchild was the main piece sent to the Dbacks for Archie Bradley last year from the Red - expecting he has a shot to be up this year. Both are on their teams 40 man roster.

  6. #86
    These are the Nats that appear to be out due to COVID and/or contact tracing

    Josh Bell
    Trea Turner
    Josh Harrison
    Kyle Schwarber
    Yan Gomes
    Alex Avila (both of the Nats cathers)
    Patrick Corbin
    Jon Lester
    Brad Hand

    So, the Nats will be without their starting: 1B, 2B (Harrison), SS, LF, both catchers, their #3 and #4 starters and their closer when they play starting tomorrow. The good news is that while the Nats have yet to play a single inning this year, their first opponent, the Braves, have only scored two more runs than the Nats despite a 3 game head start.

  7. #87
    Not to brag, but the Braves have scored 3 runs.

  8. #88
    Probably don't want to give $340 million to a 22 year old guy who

    Manager Jayce Tingler said then that Tatis had been dealing with left shoulder discomfort since his minor league days. Tatis later said he'd had it since rookie ball.
    and cant swing a bat without hurting himself.

  9. #89
    So in the name of diversity and standing up for minority rights MLB just took away the All Star Game from the 3rd most diverse city in the major leagues and gave it to the whitest city in the major leagues. So the 100 million dollars that would have gone to Atlanta area businesses (of which 31% are owned by minorities ) will now go to Denver. That will send a message. Stacie Abrams is already in panic mode and Atlanta's mayor is saying this is totally going to backfire. But as long as everyone looks and sounds good on Twitter that is all that really matters.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    The good news is that while the Nats have yet to play a single inning this year, their first opponent, the Braves, have only scored two more runs than the Nats despite a 3 game head start.
    4th highest average exit velocity in baseball during opening series (Phillies 28th).

  11. #91
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by 89DeaconMike View Post
    So in the name of diversity and standing up for minority rights MLB just took away the All Star Game from the 3rd most diverse city in the major leagues and gave it to the whitest city in the major leagues. So the 100 million dollars that would have gone to Atlanta area businesses (of which 31% are owned by minorities ) will now go to Denver. That will send a message. Stacie Abrams is already in panic mode and Atlanta's mayor is saying this is totally going to backfire. But as long as everyone looks and sounds good on Twitter that is all that really matters.
    It wasn't abut diversity.

  12. #92
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    Nick Castellanos getting suspended two games for pimping in the pitchers face after getting intentionally hit is stupid. MLB has so many problems - but not suspending the pitcher who hit him or the catcher who instigated the physical contact is dumb. I mean, really, there should not be any suspensions. The whole image the MLB is trying to protect is that you can do all the hidden shit you want, but someone that shows emotion needs to be fined and suspended. It's just bad for the game.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by 89DeaconMike View Post
    So in the name of diversity and standing up for minority rights MLB just took away the All Star Game from the 3rd most diverse city in the major leagues and gave it to the whitest city in the major leagues. So the 100 million dollars that would have gone to Atlanta area businesses (of which 31% are owned by minorities ) will now go to Denver. That will send a message. Stacie Abrams is already in panic mode and Atlanta's mayor is saying this is totally going to backfire. But as long as everyone looks and sounds good on Twitter that is all that really matters.
    Actions by state leaders have consequences. If you donít like them vote them out. The issue is voting rights. Colorado is one of the easiest states to vote in. Georgia is now the hardest. Very simple.

  14. #94
    Pirates about to get swept by the Reds, 30-4 over 3 days

    it's not good for the game to have a team that craptastic

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    Pirates about to get swept by the Reds, 30-4 over 3 days

    it's not good for the game to have a team that craptastic
    Most seasons even the worst teams manage to win 40%of their games. Pirates may not make it to that level this year.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by 89DeaconMike View Post
    So in the name of diversity and standing up for minority rights MLB just took away the All Star Game from the 3rd most diverse city in the major leagues and gave it to the whitest city in the major leagues. So the 100 million dollars that would have gone to Atlanta area businesses (of which 31% are owned by minorities ) will now go to Denver. That will send a message. Stacie Abrams is already in panic mode and Atlanta's mayor is saying this is totally going to backfire. But as long as everyone looks and sounds good on Twitter that is all that really matters.
    Wrong thread. Actually, wrong board.

  17. #97
    The Mets-Marlins ending was ridiculous.

  18. #98
    Yeah, that was a BS call. Darling and Hernandez weíre going off on it on the Mets broadcast.

  19. #99
    Ump admitted post game he blew it. I mean, he was ready to punch him out on a called strike - how does he not know a strike cannot be a HBP?

  20. #100
    Did they really take away to protest a game? Why? That happened <5 times a year, took no time during a game, and were rarely upheld anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •