• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 MLB Season Thread

Aaron Nola struck out 10 consecutive Mets from the first to the fourth inning, tying Seaver's record.

He'd have a better shot at the single game record for K's, except that this is a stupid 7-inning first game of a double-header. Thanks, Manfred.

The 7 inning double header rule is so pathetic.

I don't know if the crackdown on pitchers using sticky stuff is the cause, but the last few days have seen a bunch of teams score double digits. Highlight is Atlanta's 20 runs with Brewers and Nats each putting 15 on the board.

Only time and more games will help sort out whether this is a cluster anomaly or the beginning of a trend.

Forget using this graph, Nola; it's been longer than a week since you forgot how to pitch.

Whew! Please do this. They were dumb ideas. I might be asking for too much, but could you also consider NOT bringing the DH to the NL?

-- Traditionalist

Losing the 7 inning doubleheader rule and the gimmicky start to extra innings are positives. Not for banning the shift. At some point, hitters need to adjust and go the other way.

Losing the 7 inning doubleheader rule and the gimmicky start to extra innings are positives. Not for banning the shift. At some point, hitters need to adjust and go the other way.

7 inning DHs don't bother me that much.

Not crying a single tear about the horrible extra innings BS going away.

7 inning DHs don't bother me that much.

Not crying a single tear about the horrible extra innings BS going away.

They bother me because certain single game achievements "don't count" if they happen in a seven inning game. E.g. a seven inning no hitter isn't officially a no hitter.

They bother me because certain single game achievements "don't count" if they happen in a seven inning game. E.g. a seven inning no hitter isn't officially a no hitter.

That's a valid argument.

On a separate note, whoever approved these uniforms for the ASG tonight should never be allowed to work in marketing again.

Yeah the 4K coverage was awesome but it really showed off how shitty those uniforms were.

Yankees v. Red Sox tonight postponed due to COVID. Really hope we aren't heading back in a wrong direction.

Back