• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 MLB Season Thread

Yankees v. Red Sox tonight postponed due to COVID. Really hope we aren't heading back in a wrong direction.

Unfortunately, more MLB players and staff chose not to get vaccinated. It is coming back to bite them and their team mates.

Aaron Judge is reportedly one of the players who is positive

Unfortunately, more MLB players and staff chose not to get vaccinated. It is coming back to bite them and their team mates.

Yankees are one of the teams that are at least 85% vaccinated. Cashman said most but not all of the six players affected were vaccinated.

The Mets are not having a good day.

Last edited:
The Mets are not having a good day.

TIL that in the infield, a ball is not ruled fair or foul until it stops. So apparently a ball can roll foul to fair territory like it did here, and be considered fair. Walker touched the ball on the line, so it was fair even though is came from foul.

Years ago I read an article about how various grounds crews did illegal things to help their home teams. At the old Comiskey Park in Chicago, the infield illegally and imperceptibly sloped upwards at the third baseline in order to facilitate the bunts of Nellie Fox rolling fair.

Pretty cool they got Tom Hanks to narrate. But as someone who grew up in Cleveland (admittedly a sheltered suburban version) - I had never heard of that bridge inspiring the name until today.

Not the worst name. I was hoping they'd buy out the former name of the minor league hockey team - Lake Erie Monsters.

Pretty cool they got Tom Hanks to narrate. But as someone who grew up in Cleveland (admittedly a sheltered suburban version) - I had never heard of that bridge inspiring the name until today.

Not the worst name. I was hoping they'd buy out the former name of the minor league hockey team - Lake Erie Monsters.

That's a pretty awful name. The Guardians, wow. Also, the guy wearing the shirt in the video "Cleveland, the home of Rock and Roll". I get it that the Hall of Fame is there, and really just because they came up with the idea to have a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to begin with. But Cleveland doesn't have a great musical history. Not a ton of great bands have emerged from Cleveland.

That's a pretty awful name. The Guardians, wow. Also, the guy wearing the shirt in the video "Cleveland, the home of Rock and Roll". I get it that the Hall of Fame is there, and really just because they came up with the idea to have a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to begin with. But Cleveland doesn't have a great musical history. Not a ton of great bands have emerged from Cleveland.

you should read up on the origins of the term "Rock 'n' Roll" and a Cleveland DJ named Alan Freed

A radio DJ used the term "rock and roll" and played its music. Big deal.

If Alan Freed and a few other influential DJ's hadn't started playing rock'n'roll on air against wishes of station management, that genre might have been nothing more than a footnote in music and the bands might have been stuck in small smoky bars.

If you were a band, you could write a song and make a record but if it didn't get played by influential DJs, you went nowhere. Somewhere I have 1 of 100 copies of a record with a pretty good song. It got zero air play and nobody ever heard of the band.

The Rays trade Rich Hill to the Mets. Weird given that the Rays are fighting for playoff position, but the Rays excel at getting rid of players just before the bottom falls out.

If Alan Freed and a few other influential DJ's hadn't started playing rock'n'roll on air against wishes of station management, that genre might have been nothing more than a footnote in music and the bands might have been stuck in small smoky bars.

If you were a band, you could write a song and make a record but if it didn't get played by influential DJs, you went nowhere. Somewhere I have 1 of 100 copies of a record with a pretty good song. It got zero air play and nobody ever heard of the band.

If Cleveland was so confident that it's truly the home of Rock and Roll, they would have called themselves the Cleveland Rockers and been happy with the constant marketing of their city history. But they chose Guardians. Because they couldn't choose Rockers with a straight face. Rock and roll was going to get played on the radio somewhere. Despite being the city that it was apparently played first, it still didn't result in any significant rock and roll scene there or any influential bands. Yet, that scene happened in other cities.

If Cleveland was so confident that it's truly the home of Rock and Roll, they would have called themselves the Cleveland Rockers and been happy with the constant marketing of their city history. But they chose Guardians. Because they couldn't choose Rockers with a straight face. Rock and roll was going to get played on the radio somewhere. Despite being the city that it was apparently played first, it still didn't result in any significant rock and roll scene there or any influential bands. Yet, that scene happened in other cities.

cleveland-indians-john-rocker-who-hurled-some-hard-verbal-pitches-at-picture-id97263285

Back