• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Donte Jackson to IR.

I was going to say quitting during an NFL season is a bad look, which it probably is, but Petrino and Wannstedt ended up relatively alright going back to college.

I was going to say quitting during an NFL season is a bad look, which it probably is, but Petrino and Wannstedt ended up relatively alright going back to college.

and rhule just seems like the type of person to do it

no evidence of that - just a vibe

A mutual agreement with Tepper is probably more likely. I could see Rhule bringing Snow with him and Brady taking a high profile college OC job for one year and going on the market for college and pro HC jobs.

I agree with Ph that Tepper would welcome/encourage Rhule pursuing other opportunities thereby making it mutual. I wouldn't mind hitting the reset button wrt Panther coaching.

Rhule looks like a guy who has checked out. I almost expect him to take a college job this week or next. But I think he's a tough coach to play for and I'm not sure Notre Dame will think that's a fit. Oklahoma would be a better fit. He would be an even better fit at Nebraska next year.

Tepper is not a patient man and he is the first to say it. But I think he's a little careful about showing that too much because of the way he worships the Steelers organization.

Has any coach tanked their stock faster than Joe Brady the last two years? Besides his counterpart Coach O!

One year - one year - as a passing game coordinator at LSU. The Panthers deserve what they got by thinking that was a resume to be a OC in the NFL.

I would bet my life even Joe Brady didn't think he was worthy of the job and felt over-employed.

FWIW there wasn't a person in this thread not excited about that hire. Hard to put that one on the Panthers. Can't say the same about Ruhle

Back