• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The thing is, if McCaffrey stays healthy for 85% of the season and Darnold plays like an average quarterback, they'll win between 7 and 11 games. I realize those are big variables, but neither is impossible.

I certainly hope not. 7 wins is the nadir of NFL football - not bad enough to build through the draft, not good enough to build hope or attract free agents.

It’s sad when there’s speculation about someone like Mike McCarthy getting run out of Dallas and I think, wow he’d be a major upgrade.

Wake should hire Payton as an analyst to rehabilitate his image.

Some good news today - toodles to Sean Payton

Gotta think he'll end up in Dallas after next season. As for NO, they're $74mil over the cap going into next year. They play games with the cap more than any other team. I think they probably end up bringing back Jameis.

It’s going to suck if Payton leaves and Brady retires and the Bucs lose a lot free agents and this franchise is not in position to take advantage of it. 9-8 could win the division if that happens.

It’s going to suck if Payton leaves and Brady retires and the Bucs lose a lot free agents and this franchise is not in position to take advantage of it. 9-8 could win the division if that happens.

I still think Brady gives it 1 more year. They may lose Godwin but should have the majority of the team intact. They can draft a WR. And if Brady does retire, that would be a good landing spot for Wilson, Cousins or Jimmy G.

One FA each team needs to sign
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/one-free-agent-nfl-team-193054898.html

Jessie Bates to the Jets

Bills -- OL Andrew Norwell (Jaguars)

The Bills have had improved play from their offensive line as of late. However, Buffalo should not sit on their hands. At tackle, the Bills are locked in with Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown. In the middle is where an addition could be made and former All-Pro Norwell could be the perfect fit. When you have quarterback Josh Allen, you throw the ball a ton. Norwell, 30, just finished his ninth NFL season. In all of them, Pro Football Focus has graded him a 70.0 or high every single season as a pass blocker. And as always, the connection. He originally entered the NFL with the Panthers in 2014 as a UDFA when Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane were in Carolina. Those two love going down their former-Panther well.

It's amazing how good Buffalo is considering how much Panther trash (above being an exception) they've taken.

Panthers -- G Laken Tomlinson (49ers)

After starting 12 different offensive line combinations in 2021, and all of them bad, the Panthers are in desperate need of reliability and availability in the trenches. So why not try to bring the Duke University product back to the area? Tomlinson has been a model of consistency on the interior, as he’s started and played in each of San Francisco’s 65 games over the past four seasons. He’s held up extremely well in that impressive string of outings too—having been charged with just 12 sacks, according to Pro Football Focus, since the 2018 campaign.

Unless the new practice facility is done, then they’ll do the Panthers to flex the NFL money nuts.

I think they would ask other teams if they would do it before forcing one of those three teams because those options stink

I think they would ask other teams if they would do it before forcing one of those three teams because those options stink

[FONT=&quot]But, there are certain rules that go into the decision-making process when it comes to picking the upcoming season’s featured team. The criteria has three simple prerequisites:[/FONT]

• No teams who were in the playoffs in the last two seasons
  • No teams with a first-year head coach
  • No teams which have been featured on “Hard Knocks” in the last 10 years

They can ask anyone, but if you meet any of those criteria you are allowed to say no.

Back