• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Would you give up Brown, Burns, DJ, and CMC for Watson? Maybe not.

But would you have given up KB, Shaq, Butler, and CMC for Watson? Hell yeah.

It all comes down to the quality of the picks and you don't know what that's going to be until years down the road.

No.

Watson is so easily a top 5 QB, how is this even a discussion? He's probably top 3 and because of age, would be #2 off the board in a full NFL redraft, only behind Mahomes.

Is Watson getting overrated in the trade hype? I think so.

LOL. A player as good as Watson has never been traded. That's why Houston is doing everything possible not to trade him.

CSR had a piece suggesting Gerald Everett as a potential TE for 3 years, $15M. The third or fourth tier TE market should pretty open for us to get a decent one.

Did June Jones pay for that article as an ad for his coaching videos?

I've been on record forecasting Watson to Miami, but recently my tenor has changed with more support from the Dolphins for Tua Tagovailoa and the Panthers' previous aggressive pursuit of Matthew Stafford. Carolina's roster on defense took shape relatively quickly in 2020, opening its window to be aggressive sooner. New GM Scott Fitterer has the eighth pick as one of his chips to play in a deal to acquire Watson.

Houston has no interest in trading him away right now, but we know this has already been ugly. If you ultimately trade away a franchise quarterback, moving him to a team you play once every four years is preferred to an in-conference foe (assuming the offers are comparable).

Does feel like there’s momentum. And it just makes so much sense. I can see us being one of the teams he would not rule out, which is part of the battle right there.

Promise him he doesn’t have to play preseason games.

Promise him he doesn’t have to play preseason games.

well just have one at Clemson, have him start and do one handoff then come off the field to a standing ovation. it's South Carolina so will probably be full capacity.

I've been on record forecasting Watson to Miami, but recently my tenor has changed with more support from the Dolphins for Tua Tagovailoa and the Panthers' previous aggressive pursuit of Matthew Stafford. Carolina's roster on defense took shape relatively quickly in 2020, opening its window to be aggressive sooner. New GM Scott Fitterer has the eighth pick as one of his chips to play in a deal to acquire Watson.

Houston has no interest in trading him away right now, but we know this has already been ugly. If you ultimately trade away a franchise quarterback, moving him to a team you play once every four years is preferred to an in-conference foe (assuming the offers are comparable).

Excellent. David Tepper got my e-mails and is going to swing for the fences. He's allowed to put his brass balls back on his desk when this happens.

Wentz is off the market. To the Colts for a 3rd and next year conditional 2nd. Good news all around.

Back