• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Completely agree. That's why I've been pissed for the last several years that we haven't taken a LT in the 1st.

I think the Panthers think Brady can play LT, just don't want to put that expectation on him before even the first rookie minicamp

They don't want to put the expectation on him that he can play one position, so they're putting the expectation on him that he can play four positions. Gotcha.

I think the Panthers think Brady can play LT, just don't want to put that expectation on him before even the first rookie minicamp

You're crossing your fingers if you think he can be an adequate LT right away. The problem with both Christensen and Hudson is they played cupcake schedules, which wasn't their fault, but the NFL is a big step up from who Cincy and BYU played last year. And I'm gonna be pissed if Hudson becomes a solid starter at Cleveland in a couple of years. I still think both of those picks will pay off for Carolina and Cleveland down the road.

It will be interesting to compare our draft to San Diego's in a couple of years. After all the trades, we could have picked their first three players - LT, CB, WR.

It will be interesting to compare our draft to San Diego's in a couple of years. After all the trades, we could have picked their first three players - LT, CB, WR.

I like what y'all and LAC did in the draft. Would have preferred Slater because of the hole at LT, but CB was also a need. Think you had a solid 3 days, and most of the reviews have been good. And it'll look even better after you trade for Watson prior to the season.

It’s a silly vanity rule change that would automatically lower the value of a ton of merch. They also don’t want to slow down the supply chain waiting to for players to pick numbers. I get the rule even if I don’t necessarily agree with it. I wonder if owners have to buy up all the merch after they trade a player though.

But they’re gonna sell a whole lot more merch with new numbers. The NFL makes so much money. Just donate them to local youth orgs or something.

It’s a silly vanity rule change that would automatically lower the value of a ton of merch. They also don’t want to slow down the supply chain waiting to for players to pick numbers. I get the rule even if I don’t necessarily agree with it. I wonder if owners have to buy up all the merch after they trade a player though.

Haha yeah great point

But they’re gonna sell a whole lot more merch with new numbers. The NFL makes so much money. Just donate them to local youth orgs or something.

Yeah. It's not like people who show up to a Panthers game in a CMC #22 jersey are going to get laughed out of the stadium.

Yeah. It's not like people who show up to a Panthers game in a CMC #22 jersey are going to get laughed out of the stadium.

Especially not kids. I feel like there is some sort of scaling age chart for adults and jerseys. If you're going to wear one, you probably shouldn't be a 40 year old rocking a brand new, #5 CMC Jersey. Maybe like a Peppers jersey or something is as soon as I'd go. I'm 34, so Cam, Keuchly, or TD would be ok. A DJ Moore jersey, not so much. I'm no fashionista, but I do feel like there are some general guidelines. Just seems more natural to rep your generation/decade.

Last edited:
I agree with your post. Most kids can't wear that CMC #22 XXXL jersey, so it's got to go somewhere. Weird rule. Not a big deal. I imagine most players can easily pay for it and donate it. Those who can't will think twice.

I agree with your post. Most kids can't wear that CMC #22 XXXL jersey, so it's got to go somewhere. Weird rule. Not a big deal. I imagine most players can easily pay for it and donate it. Those who can't will think twice.

Homeless shelters/Goodwill/Salvation Army, etc

Homeless shelters/Goodwill/Salvation Army, etc

I'm sure there is some marketing reason why they don't want the homeless serving as walking monuments to past players. Not saying I agree with that. It would be kind of fun to have everyone who hands out news papers at the stoplights to be rocking a home team jersey. "No thanks, I'm saving my money for Wesley Walls over there!"

It's not like an NFL jersey is a comfortable normal shirt. What good does it do at a homeless shelter? The $100 would go a lot farther buying 10 Hanes 3-shirt tshirt packs. That said, I could get behind Charlotte outfitting all of its bums in old Nic Batum jerseys.

Well there’s also the shirzees. Heck send em to Africa like they do non-winner merch for championships

Back