• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - RB, 2 WR, TE, LT, OG, 2 DT, 2 CB, LS drafted

i dont buy the panthers are hell bent on a top 5 QB. again we tried to trade #8 for stafford. that's a considerable asset, we wouldn't do that for a 2 year rental, and stafford most definitely isnt a top 5 qb.

He also only had two years on his contract and could be traded for Watson.

It all comes down to whether you can spot true QB talent or not. If you can't, you buy sure things and pay a premium. If you can, you draft a rookie - and you don't necessarily have to have a top 5 draft pick to do so.

It’s fine to have that philosophy from his business but expecting put it into practice to acquire a top 5 qb in the nfl seems pretty naive. For one thing every owner feels the same way about having a top qb.

i dont buy the panthers are hell bent on a top 5 QB. again we tried to trade #8 for stafford. that's a considerable asset, we wouldn't do that for a 2 year rental, and stafford most definitely isnt a top 5 qb.

Actually Stafford probably is or is damn close, with any kind of team around him at all. But I shouldn't say "top 5" - "Tier 1 QB" is the phrase that was usually used. Sorry if my lazy terminology threw anyone off.

And I dont think I would get too caught up on even that exactly. I think what is really in his mind is that Tepper doesnt want to sit in that suite and look down and think that his QB is in any way not an absolute winner. In other words, a QB that wins you games - not one that doesn't necessarily lose you games. I dont know, I think that's sort of how I translate it - instead of taking it literally. Tepper is not a word mincer. I guess it could be considered impatience, but he doesnt want to wait through a rookie QB's curve and he may or may not be that guy. I think a lot of that is coming from Rhule.

Last edited:
Darnold will be ready. Jets are on the rebound but shouldn’t have it all together by Week 1. How many fans will be in the stands??

And while I don’t fully understand the QB philosophy, it will play out in time. Meanwhile it is really nice to have some sense of urgency among the owner, front office, and coach. Same way I feel about Curry, Clawson, and Forbes.

Someone compile all the we are ok with his accusations because those takes are going to reversed so hard if he goes to a different team.

Exactly, My official position is this.

If he is a Panther, Dude asked for handies during a message. I mean how the fuck are you suppose to get a tug if you don't ask, damn.

Any other team, fuck that rapey fuck boy.

Watson is 100% going to be dominating for a team soon. I hope it's the Panthers.

Liked that Tremble video. He turns 21 next month. Looks like he'll take over for Manhertz as TE2 and replace Armah at FB next year. Ian Thomas will get a contract year to show what he can do.

Long term, I don't know about Tremble as Kittle 2.0 as a pass catcher. Seems like he'll start and be a 5th option behind CMC, Anderson, DJ, and whoever emerges as the #3 WR. That's fine. You don't need a Wesley Walls or Greg Olsen to win in this league. Tremble looks like a good blocker who will spring CMC, keep Darnold or whoever on his feet, and spring CMC and the WRs downfield.

Sprung CMC sounds nice.

Speaking of sprung CMC, did anyone else see Culpo's instagram post yesterday? Sheeeesh

Liked that Tremble video. He turns 21 next month. Looks like he'll take over for Manhertz as TE2 and replace Armah at FB next year. Ian Thomas will get a contract year to show what he can do.

Long term, I don't know about Tremble as Kittle 2.0 as a pass catcher. Seems like he'll start and be a 5th option behind CMC, Anderson, DJ, and whoever emerges as the #3 WR. That's fine. You don't need a Wesley Walls or Greg Olsen to win in this league. Tremble looks like a good blocker who will spring CMC, keep Watson on his feet, and spring CMC and the WRs downfield.

fify

Long term, I don't know about Tremble as Kittle 2.0 as a pass catcher. Seems like he'll start and be a 5th option behind CMC, Anderson, DJ, and whoever emerges as the #3 WR. That's fine. You don't need a Wesley Walls or Greg Olsen to win in this league. Tremble looks like a good blocker who will spring CMC, keep Darnold or whoever on his feet, and spring CMC and the WRs downfield.

Yeah with his ability to block effectively from the TE or FB position, he doesn't need to be an all world receiving TE. But I assume he does have reliable hands to be drafted in that spot and likely won't be the focus of the LB/DBs.

Week 3 Thursday night at Texans on Amazon Prime
Week 10 at Arizona at 4:05
Week 13 bye
Week 15 Saturday or Sunday flex at Buffalo
Every other game is Sunday at 1

Weeks 16, 17, 18 Bucs, at Saints, at Bucs

https://www.panthers.com/schedule/

Well at least we aren’t doing the Saints twice in 3 weeks to end the season this year. I hate that — is it pretty common across the league? I never pay attention to other schedules like that.

Back