• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Hmm, I've thought about this now that you posted it. I'm not really seeing an advantage. Where would the third arm be? Coming off his chest or out of his back? I think back would be better, cause then maybe you could disguise it a bit more on handoffs if you use that back hand, but I'm not sure there's much of an advantage there. Maybe from the front gives you and extra attempt at a stiff arm, but not sure it'll be too effective.

If anything, a third arm is probably a disadvantage. Especially if that arm is non-dominant and can't be used for throwing. Gives players another item to drag you down by when tackling.

:couch:

Well sure if you skip 3rd arm day at the gym. If you lift, that 3rd stiff arm could be lethal. Use a back arm to prevent sacks. Use a front arm on fakes.

Still won’t help on the back unless you have extra eyes. We don’t have a LT

Darnold throwing lots of picks in practice, Horn getting lots of picks in practice

Larrydavid.gif

seems that terrace marshall may have been a steal at WR

can't remember the last time we had a rookie WR really show out in training camp right away

A legit 3rd WR sounds great until you realize we don’t have a LT to allow Darnold to go through his progressions.

Wondering if Darnold needs a veteran QB signed to mentor him
https://sports.yahoo.com/carolina-panthers-consider-signing-veteran-120006837.html

Panthers are a good team except for LT and QB, the two most crucial positions in the game. We're wasting our window on the defensive side of the ball. We'll be like the Seahawks - good until the defense rolls off their first contract. Of course they had Russell Wilson who didn't need a good OL and could extend plays with his legs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/carolina-panthers-consider-signing-veteran-120006837.html

Panthers are a good team except for LT and QB, the two most crucial positions in the game. We're wasting our window on the defensive side of the ball. We'll be like the Seahawks - good until the defense rolls off their first contract. Of course they had Russell Wilson who didn't need a good OL and could extend plays with his legs.

Ehh our window starts this year (unless you're talking about many years ago with Luke, TD, CJ, etc, etc. in their primes). Our defense was 18th in the NFL last year - nowhere near the Seahawks teams your referencing. I do think we will be significantly better this year, though. Just get Deshaun and all will be fine. He's used to playing on his back.

Hit doesn't look that bad from 100 yards away, but it looks like he had him lined up. Kirkwood was on the ground for 10 minutes and got taken to the hospital.

We feel like an 8-9 type team

How many times will you make this joke before you’ve hit your quota

Well that's twice, but a fair amount of time between the two and I think different threads. I think I could toss it in a thread on The Tunnels and maybe score again with it.

To be honest, I'm just so shocked by the anti-vax mentality I almost walk around mumbling the 3rd arm story all day to myself. It's so typical that it really isn't even funny its just sad. I feel pretty confident that soon I am going to have to go back to masks for the employees that aren't vaxed and it's going to be ugly. And it PISSES ME OFF. I dont even know how to have that meeting without calling them all stupid.

Hit doesn't look that bad from 100 yards away, but it looks like he had him lined up. Kirkwood was on the ground for 10 minutes and got taken to the hospital.

Looks like Rhule coming in from the left end zone and pissed

Ibe on CNN this morning - very impressive interview. Took responsibility and said he could have and should have handled it differently and has no problem with Rhule's decision to cut him.

I'm all for increased player safety but I'm really struggling to understand how that played merited getting dismissed from the team.

Let’s just say Chinn wouldn’t be dismissed if he hit a player like that. Reports saying Ibe was dismissed for the hit should include such a caveat.

And I suspect Ibe wouldn’t have been dismissed if he didn’t target one of Rhule’s Temple guys.

Let’s just say Chinn wouldn’t be dismissed if he hit a player like that. Reports saying Ibe was dismissed for the hit should include such a caveat.

And I suspect Ibe wouldn’t have been dismissed if he didn’t target one of Rhule’s Temple guys.

I had the same reaction.

Back