• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Panthers brought in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and TJ Yeldon for tryouts. I didn't even realize Clinton-Dix was out of the league. He made the Pro Bowl in 2016 and got waived by the Cowboys last year. He's only 28.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-bring-five-players-in-for-minicamp-tryouts

I'm concerned about safety. I guess moving Chinn to SS will help, but doesn't seem like we have anything else back there.

I'm already questioning Sam Darnold's intelligence level to be an NFL quarterback. Not to mention his leadership.

The NFL released the new protocols for covid for the vaccinated and unvaccinated this week. Needless to say if you are unvaccinated it’s basically the same as last year and your life sucks, including things like testing everyday, banned from any outside team activities like travel, restaurants and clubs while subject to fines, automatic 5 day isolation if exposed, banned from some team meetings, banned from team meals, can’t fly with the team and more. Needless to say your starting quarterback being unvaccinated is going to be a problem, especially if they are new to the team.

It’s a total leadership failure for the quarterback of an NFL franchise to be unvaccinated. Darnold is telling his teammates he doesn’t care about them or their families.

I know that everyone has his or her own opinion about the vaccine, but I really don't understand how people are shocked that an individual in any segment of the population hasn't gotten the vaccine when fewer than half of Americans have gotten it.

I'm not shocked at all that someone has not gotten the vaccine given the blatant misinformation that is being pushed by some. It's still a complete leadership failure, whether or not I'm shocked, when the most important position in all of sports hems and haws about whether he has the vaccine and then eventually lands on it's a personal decision. He is going to cost his team in some way because of this decision, not to mention putting his teammates's families at risk.

Getting a vaccine is a basic thing people can do to stop the spread of disease. For an NFL QB, it's a basic thing to do to keep a job that pays millions of dollars a year.

The notion of people having “opinions” about a vaccine is always going to be shocking, particularly from folks in high profile positions who have no excuse for not knowing better since they have a team of medical professionals working for them.

I know that everyone has his or her own opinion about the vaccine, but I really don't understand how people are shocked that an individual in any segment of the population hasn't gotten the vaccine when fewer than half of Americans have gotten it.

is that true?

this says that 66% of adults of gotten at least one vaccination: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

it's shocking that an nfl QB would be dumb enough not to get the vaccine

5% of my employees have been vaccinated. I had almost no takers. And that number includes myself. The things that many of them have told me as to why they won't get it were 100% to a man laughable. Not a single one made sense. You could tell they all were listening to their cousin's friend on Facebook that sells jewelry out of her home.

5% of my employees have been vaccinated. I had almost no takers. And that number includes myself. The things that many of them have told me as to why they won't get it were 100% to a man laughable. Not a single one made sense. You could tell they all were listening to their cousin's friend on Facebook that sells jewelry out of her home.

I blame Tucker Carlson. He spreads lies and suspicion about the vaccine. I think it has to do with their axe to grind against Fauci. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to credit Trump for the vaccine and accept it. With the issues with the Chinese and the A-Z vaccine, there is a great "America Best woo hoo!" angle to promote. Trump himself is vaccinated. The only reason I see is Tucker and the FB nonsense you mentioned.

I blame Tucker Carlson. He spreads lies and suspicion about the vaccine. I think it has to do with their axe to grind against Fauci. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to credit Trump for the vaccine and accept it. With the issues with the Chinese and the A-Z vaccine, there is a great "America Best woo hoo!" angle to promote. Trump himself is vaccinated. The only reason I see is Tucker and the FB nonsense you mentioned.

Nobody under like 60 watches Tucker Carlson. It's not his fault millennials aren't getting vaccinated.

Meh. I’ll bite. My wife and I did not get vaccinated due to fertility concerns. I’m 31 and she’s 26. FWIW, she consulted 3 doctors (early in the vaccination process) and they basically told her “probably nothing to worry about but not enough data at this time”. I have seen quite a few studies and articles in late May/June that says nothing to worry about on fertility. But that wasn’t necessarily the case early on. I ended up getting COVID about a month ago and it hit me hard. Was told to wait 90 days before getting vaccinated at this point.

All that to say, some folks had situations where they decided not to get it other than just being mouth breathers and drooling on themselves.

I’ll add that I work for a Medical EHR company and have had access to a lot of docs throughout the process. The number that took an off the record stance of “I’d take my chances at your age and wait on the data” is much higher than you’d think. Again, that has shifted in the past month or so. But early on, many providers that I’ve known for years and trust were on the fence about advising folks my age on what to do.

At this point, pretty much all of them are saying get it.

Back