• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Yep. So far he's spent a lot of 2021 and 2022 draft capital to be good this year. It's a smart plan to max out CMCs window and benefit from having top players (DJ and the defensive studs) on rookie deals.

I'm going to read more about Henderson throughout the day. From what I've seen so far, he struggled as a rookie, got injured, had some promise, but clashed with Meyer. I'm also for getting promising players out of bad situations and optimizing their talent.

pretty crazy we went immediately from rebuild to win now mode

On top of all that, apparently the Jags are on the hook for all the guaranteed money so the next three years the Panthers would only owe Henderson $1M, $2M, and $3M.

That’s awesome. Even more so if the third rounder we would’ve given up would hypothetically be someone like a QB we end up cutting anyway *cough*

But the truth is I hope we’re now going to move from mass accumulation of picks to targeting specific picks at the right value and specific free agents who can put us over the top.

On top of all that, apparently the Jags are on the hook for all the guaranteed money so the next three years the Panthers would only owe Henderson $1M, $2M, and $3M.

This trade keeps getting better and better for the panthers. Maybe he slept with Urbans wife or something.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - 3-0 Trade TE Arnold to Jags for CB Henderson

Oh man. This is amazing.

3-0 will do that to a franchise. But I think this deal was too good to pass up. Give up one of 4 TEs and a 3rd for last year's 1st rounder and a high 5th.

That’s awesome. Even more so if the third rounder we would’ve given up would hypothetically be someone like a QB we end up cutting anyway *cough*

But the truth is I hope we’re now going to move from mass accumulation of picks to targeting specific picks at the right value and specific free agents who can put us over the top.

Still mad about that.

I wonder how long the Panthers are going to be able to take promising young players from dysfunctional franchises. Can we get a LT that way?

Gawd damn what a great trade. I feel like historically the Panthers have never been involved in this kind of trade raping. We need to prey on weak franchises.

Last one on this level was Olsen for a third. That was all time.

I am starting to get all the vibes. Ill be at the cowboys game, lets fucking go go.

Last edited:
What a risible trade. Urban Meyer won't make it to the end of next season. He hasn't made a good decision since arriving in Jacksonville. I like Lawrence, but he'll have to wait to year 2 or 3 of the new regime before they're any good.

I think this was about need only for the Jags. Tight ends are like training wheels for inexperienced QBs. They have GOT to get Lawrence some confidence or they are in real trouble. More trouble than help in the back of their defense. They bet the farm on Lawrence and Meyer working out together and it was time to throw some bandaids at that situation - eff a defensive piece.

Last edited:
Sacrificing their 2020 1st rounder to find a piece for their 2021 1st rounder.

Well yes. And they have a little more riding on the latter than the former.

Meyer looks clueless in the NFL. Absolutely clueless. Classic example of the God complex. Thinks he's smarter than everyone else and he's proving a whole lot of people right who thought he would fail - for the same reason.

Last edited:
I wonder who made the first move. Did we (panthers) offer up Arnold knowing that the Jags needed a tight end or did the Jags approach us after the news of Horn's injury to get rid their problem CB and grab a good TE?

I wonder who made the first move. Did we (panthers) offer up Arnold knowing that the Jags needed a tight end or did the Jags approach us after the news of Horn's injury to get rid their problem CB and grab a good TE?

Panthers were sniffing around this summer when the Jags first offered him up for trade.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - 3-0 Trade TE Arnold to Jags for CB Henderson

Things can change pretty quickly in the NFL but if you look at the rest of our division it’s becoming clear that we’re setting up well to be the best team for the mid 2020s.

Atlanta is on the decline and Ryan is only going to get worse

New Orleans has a low ceiling with Jameis, who is 27 and I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume he’s got 1-2 more years as a starting caliber QB.

Tampa is great now but largely made up of players on the verge of being washed. Brady is Brady. Lavonte David is 31, Evans will be 30 before you know it and is already injury prone, Suh is 34, Gholston is 30, etc.

Bouye is one of the oldest players on our team and he’s 31. Nearly every other starter is 27 or younger and we have a ton of dudes 25 or younger. I would be stunned if we weren’t playoff locks for the next five years.

ETA: we’re the fourth youngest team in the league behind the Jets (lol), Lions (lol), and Browns

Last edited:
Yeah just before the season there was worry about what we would do next year for QB assuming Darnold didn’t work out. Would we tank enough to get a good QB? Expectations were majorly low among fans and the press. Just about every prediction I saw had us last in the division winning 4ish games. The season is still young but we are set up to win a lot more than 1 more game.

Things can change pretty quickly in the NFL but if you look at the rest of our division it’s becoming clear that we’re setting up well to be the best team for the mid 2020s.

Atlanta is on the decline and Ryan is only going to get worse

New Orleans has a low ceiling with Jameis, who is 27 and I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume he’s got 1-2 more years as a starting caliber QB.

Tampa is great now but largely made up of players on the verge of being washed. Brady is Brady. Lavonte David is 31, Evans will be 30 before you know it and is already injury prone, Suh is 34, Gholston is 30, etc.

Bouye is one of the oldest players on our team and he’s 31. Nearly every other starter is 27 or younger and we have a ton of dudes 25 or younger. I would be stunned if we weren’t playoff locks for the next five years.

ETA: we’re the fourth youngest team in the league behind the Jets (lol), Lions (lol), and Browns

Good post. I’d put decent money on one of this or last year’s rookies being on the Saints within the next four years. They aren’t going to waste Payton’s last 8-10 years with a drafted QB.

I definitely think Tampa will get another veteran after Brady retires. Could be Rodgers. Could be Wilson. Who knows? Rebuilding the rest of the roster will be a challenge.

The Falcons will draft some dude and suck.

Good post. I’d put decent money on one of this or last year’s rookies being on the Saints within the next four years. They aren’t going to waste Payton’s last 8-10 years with a drafted QB.

I definitely think Tampa will get another veteran after Brady retires. Could be Rodgers. Could be Wilson. Who knows? Rebuilding the rest of the roster will be a challenge.

The Falcons will draft some dude and suck.

Please take that back Ph. Please.

This game against Dallas feels like we're playing with house money. I expect us to lose, and I'm not that worried about it. If we see them again in the playoffs with healthy CMC and even Horn back and healthy, I like our chances. This is the toughest game on the schedule for a while.

Back