• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

cville just hates Darnold. I'm surprised he didn't have Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill on his list.

cville just hates Darnold. I'm surprised he didn't have Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill on his list.

I don't hate him, but I don't like him, and I don't think he has great football intelligence (or great intelligence generally). Neither Darnold, Winston or Hill are top 20 QBs in this league, and this is really a make or break year for both Darnold and Winston. I don't have high expectations for either, but it will be interesting to see if 2 really good offensive coaches can turn them around.

Bummer this team can’t go 7-9 because this feels like a classic Panthers 7-9 team

are we thinking a hot out of the gate, then fade 7-9 or a 3-win team until the last few weeks where we win 4 out of 5 to destroy our draft position 7-9?

Carolina's 3 year salary cap outlook is strong
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/carolina-panthers-three-salary-cap-160000753.html

...fourth-most in the league.

“The cap situation is bright going forward, and new general manager Scott Fitterer has brought the old Seattle Seahawks approach of stockpiling draft capital with him to Carolina, which is reflected in their No. 6 ranking for active draft capital. Still, you also should have a good cap situation if your current roster ranks dead last in veteran valuation, which is the case here. Fitterer and Co. can build from the ground up, ideally with new quarterback Sam Darnold turning his career around in a hurry.”

Oof. At least we have cap space to do something about it...someday soon? Of course we went into the draft needing an LT and drafted depth at guard, so we have to learn to get out of our own way and not overthink things. And I am not high on Sam Darnold either.

I guess cleaning up the cap is a good first step toward contending.

I'm fine going into this season with a lot of cap room and a defense full of players on rookie contracts and cheap deals. That's a good plan. But they should have drafted and/or signed an actual LT to give Darnold a legitimate chance and gotten a deal done with Moton.

Once I saw that Darnold wasn't getting vaccinated, I knew that he is going to have to have fantastic physical skills to be a good QB.

Wait, is our dumb dumb QB still not vaccinated?

I can't think of bigger red flag for QB intelligence.

Cut his ass tomorrow.

are we thinking a hot out of the gate, then fade 7-9 or a 3-win team until the last few weeks where we win 4 out of 5 to destroy our draft position 7-9?

Well based on the schedule it seems more likely the former, but I’m going to say we disappoint early and then start playing well late and win some meaningless games against playoff teams which is truly the Panther way

Seriously, though:

Darnold: "Hello Panthers, I would like you to believe in me and think I have the critical thinking skills needed to play the most important position in team sports"

Panthers: "That's great Sam, have you done what every reasonable and educated person suggested and gotten vaccinated?"

Darnold: "Not yet. I take my medical advice from podcasters and Tucker Carlson"

Panthers: "Well our medical opinion is that you have a tiny brain. Give us your playbook, you're fucking cut".

Seriously, though:

Darnold: "Hello Panthers, I would like you to believe in me and think I have the critical thinking skills needed to play the most important position in team sports"

Panthers: "That's great Sam, have you done what every reasonable and educated person suggested and gotten vaccinated?"

Darnold: "Not yet. I take my medical advice from podcasters and Tucker Carlson"

Panthers: "Well our medical opinion is that you have a tiny brain. Give us your playbook, you're fucking cut".

He's still "doing his research"

There's no research left to do, ya maroon.

Back