• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The Panthers/Tepper hired a criminal lawyer in Houston who happens to be Tepper's friend and also happens to be really good friends with Buzbee. I will leave it that. But will add that Buzbee says its highly doubtful that Watson will play this season. Which is not shocking.

Yeah, if Buzbee isn't going to get large settlements, I'm guessing he's at least going to get his pound of flesh.

I guess when you have that kind of money, you can just hire people for whatever reason.

These girls ALL want money. I am not in a position to speak as to the accuracy of their accusations. But I am told that ALL of them are looking for a settlement at this point. I also know that Dabo and Tepper have become pretty tight and talk regularly by phone regularly. Dabo continues to speak to Tepper about the person he knows Watson to be, and Dabo really would like to see Watson in Carolina. And Dabo has sway with both parties.

I think it’s weird that Dabo has such supreme confidence that Watson didn’t force himself on massage therapists.

I don't know if Dabo has said that and I doubt that he has. And I havent said that he did. Dabo has been speaking very highly of Watson's character based on his pretty extensive experience with Deshaun.

I think it’s weird that Dabo has such supreme confidence that Watson didn’t force himself on massage therapists.

Remember these are allegations in civil cases, that no criminal charges were filed and that Buzbee said he wouldn't make his clients available to the police because the Houston PD was prejudiced against him. I'm not saying Watson did not engage in wrongful conduct. But I also don't trust a word out of Buzbee's mouth. I think this is a case where we let the legal system play itself out before making a judgment as to what did or didn't happen. These cases will likely settle, and the amount of money changing hands will likely inform us how bad his conduct was. I also find it interesting Buzbee is the 1 who allegedly wants a sealed settlement, not Watson's attorney. If true, that might be the 1st time ever a plaintiff has sought a sealed settlement.

Nobody doubts what Watson can do in a game, in practice, in the locker room, or in an interview or any other context where Dabo has seen him extensively.

Dabo probably knows Watson as well or better than just about anyone outside Watson's own close family. If I wanted to know what kind of person Watson was, I think maybe the first person I would ask would be the guy that recruited him through high school and coached him through college and has remained close. Tepper is a lot smarter than me with a whole lot more potentially at stake and that's the person he used to try to understand Watson. I'd say that says it all. In fact, if I wanted to know what kind of person any star college QB was maybe the very first person I would go to would be their college coach. They are joined at the hip for years - important years where you really get to find out what they got.

You may want to reread my post.

Lockett does make a good point about not getting paid to work Monday through Saturday though.

Concerning and lazy that the 3rd good thing and 1st bad thing are the same.

i mean he also think jesus was real........ sooooo.......

Read on PFT that a Philly radio personality, Howard Eskin, said that, when Watson becomes available (settles suits), it's a 90% chance he's traded to Philly based on the info he's heard. Philly does have more draft capital than Carolina with 2 1sts and 2 2nds next year compared to Carolina's 1 1st and no 2nds, suggesting that they can outbid you. Guitar, do you have any info to the contrary?

I'm amazed at how invested a Ravens fan is on the Texans QB landing in Carolina.

I'm amazed at how invested a Ravens fan is on the Texans QB landing in Carolina.

I can't get and talk enough football and like the Panthers. And I hate the other northeastern cities sports teams. So I'm really hoping Watson ends up in Carolina and not Philly. And I was really hoping guitar would have some information on the topic. I'd add that Panthers fans are 1 of the nicer visiting fan bases to chat with at Ravens games (NYJ, Pitt and Philly the worst - shocker).

And fwiw, I visited Charlotte for the 1st time last weekend. My nephew recently moved there, and a niece is doing a college internship there. I saw a lot of breweries and 20somethings downtown. Seems like a cool city.

Back