• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Can’t take too much from a preseason game. It was disappointing that the offense still had trouble finishing drives and the defense could get key stops late. Same problems.

I’ve never seen such looming comments after a preseason loss.

I think it’s just that it’s pretty fascinating to be coming off of a draft with a ton of possible new QBs and instead we’re rolling with Darnold. So Panther fans are just especially anxious to see if this particular choice is going to unfold according to plan.

I don't remember that play. Robby Anderson was a senior in 2015 and wasn't on the 2016 team. Here is the full list of players on the Panthers roster who were on that 2016 Military Bowl team.

QB PJ Walker (SR)
WR Keith Kirkwood (rJR)
TE Colin Thompson (rSR)

LB Hassan Reddick (rSR)
S Sam Franklin (FR)
S Sean Chandler (JR)

Thanks Ph.....never would have guessed that team produced 6 NFL players, much less they'd all be on the same team!
Watch last few seconds of this clip for that final play. Walker is the thrower....https://youtu.be/doVFqPRiAD8

Last edited:
Rhule seems to think it’s the greatest team ever assembled.

i mean 3 years ago sam darnold had a super impressive preseason game 1 as a 20 year old where he went 13/18 for 96 yards and a TD with no TOs when the media gushed over him like fields/lance etc now. just google it if you want that preseason reassurance

That’s what I assumed, but it didn’t show up in a local channel.

It was on CBS for me, but it wasn't listed on CBS. So I had to go to the channel to find it, despite the guide saying that something else was on.

we have some ROOKIES! these kids can ball!

i'm excited

Nice to get something for the 2019 2nd round pick.

Seems like everyone saw the red flags but us. If there is one major flaw in my (and probably most fans) draft day logic, it's thinking you can take a kid with talent but low motor or injury issues and make them something special. I liked the Little pick because of his measurables and pedigree (#1 OT in his class out of high school), but it really takes the total package to make it in the NFL. Of course he's only 23, so hopefully he can turn it around for himself and be the stud he was as a prospect.

Last edited:
Didn’t we trade back up to get him?

Yes. Traded the #47 and #77 to move up to #37 to get Little. In 2015, G-Man traded The #57, #89, and #201 picks to move up to take Devin Funchess.

I'm no GM, but the 2nd round to me is a place you can get great value just with that pick. You can get a really good player on the cheap. And if you miss somehow, it's not the nd of the world like a 1st round miss is. Why in the world Hurney seemed to like to throw away half his draft to get higher in the 2nd round was always beyond me. For some teams - notably the Patriots - you can build a team off those 2nd round picks. Have a little patience Hurney. Plenty of really good players were still available and probably those Little and Funchess would have both been available without trading up.

eh greg little was a sunk cost

fantastic move to get anything for him, he was probably about to get cut

Back