• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

It’s rare we get Panthers and Wake wins in the same weekend, but it’s been quite nice so far this season

We’ve seen 29 sacks in seven Panthers and Deacons games. It’s funny to see both teams in that space of dominating games to the point that it looks like they’ve played nobody yet they could be better.

Panthers talking to Richard Sherman to replace Horn.

Panthers trade TE Dan Arnold and 3rd round pick to Jaguars for CB CJ Henderson and future 5th rounder. Panthers really like what they see from Tremble. Horn was maybe the best rookie in the NFL so far and losing him is huge.

Panthers are also looking at Richard Sherman this week.

Last edited:
Panthers trade TE Dan Arnold and 3rd round pick to Jaguars for CB CJ Henderson and future 5th rounder.

I question that move, Arnold looked like a decent value at TE with pretty good hands. Unless they think that Tremble is ready to go as a primary receiver. I will admit that I have no idea who CJ Henderson is.

Panthers trade TE Dan Arnold and 3rd round pick to Jaguars for CB CJ Henderson and future 5th rounder. Panthers really like what they see from Tremble. Horn was maybe the best rookie in the NFL so far and losing him is huge.

Chase is clearly the best rookie in the NFL through week 3, and it's not close.

Ninth pick in the 2020 draft from UF. Inactive yesterday with a groin. Missed early part of training camp this year on the COVID list. injured a lot last year. Sounds like the Jags must be glad to be rid of him already.

Panthers also get a 5th, Jags get a 3rd.

He's good for sure but plays a flashier position. Panthers will tell you they credit the QB rush this year on the job Horn has done locking down receivers. Opposing teams dont even throw in is direction - amazing for a rookie.

I love this trade for multiple reasons. First, it's evidence of how well Tremble is doing and that the staff believes more performances like Thursday night are in his future. Thomas has also proven capable and we're not really throwing to TEs that much. Second, I thought Horn looked awesome through 3 games and was worried about the hit we would take without him. Bouye and CJ should make up for his absence, and when Horn returns we're loaded at the position. Third, I won't have to hear the annoying "Darnold to Arnold" jokes by every announcer every game.

Unexpected trade, but the roster did have 4 TEs. CJ Henderson was the #9 pick in last year's draft. From Miami and played at UF. He was first-team All-SEC in 2019. He was listed as a starting CB.

The Jags lost starting TE James O'Shaughnessy to injury and as we know Chris Manhertz isn't a #1 TE.

Looks like a very good trade. The Panthers are going all in this season. Makes sense. After a good 11 man 2021 draft, we probably won't need a big draft next year.

So next year the Panthers will have Jaycee Horn and CJ Henderson at CB. That's two first round picks. Donte Jackson will be a UFA after this season.

We'll also have AJ Bouye and Tony Pride will be coming back from IR.

Yeah, I'm going to assume he meant to type "defensive rookie", because you can't deny what Chase has done with the Bengals so far (after being roasted all preseason for his many drops......yet another piece of evidence to not overreact to pre-season results).

So I get that they are the Jags, but why would they trade the #9 pick in last year's draft (who is an in-state guy from Meyer's school) for an admittedly mediocre TE in a year where they aren't close to competing anyway? Henderson has got to either really suck or be a giant headcase, otherwise this trade makes absolutely no sense for the Jags to even consider.

So next year the Panthers will have Jaycee Horn and CJ Henderson at CB. That's two first round picks. Donte Jackson will be a UFA after this season.

I like Donte a lot more than I liked Bradberry. Hopefully we can work out a deal.

Donte is playing well enough to be resigned. Love his game this season

Back