• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Is it really that hard to get your dong played with as an NFL football player?

Also, 0% chance the Texans cut him. Less than 0%, tbh.

Agree that there is 0% Houston cuts him, but these suits are designed to make him stay around this year. Which is stupid because of course he realizes that his dispute with the team is the reason these suits were filed. So he's just going to dig in his heels this year and not play. And Houston will go 0-16 this year and get to pick the best QB next year with the 1st pick. And recoup a couple of 1sts next year when they finally trade Watson. Texans fans should sue McNair for reducing their season ticket prices to being virtually worthless.

And if I work on Park Avenue in NY, I am really unhappy with McNair and Easterby. They've turned a playoff team into the biggest dumpster fire in pro sports, and now they're dragging their star QB through the mud by essentially revealing he's employed prostitutes. No one hops on a plane for 3 hours and goes to a hotel room to give a straight up massage. You only fly 3 hours if you're giving a kraftier massage.

Is it really that hard to get your dong played with as an NFL football player?

Also, 0% chance the Texans cut him. Less than 0%, tbh.

I’ll never understand this. I guess if you’ve been knee deep in it since your balls dropped, you need something more than just a regular handy.

I’ll never understand this. I guess if you’ve been knee deep in it since your balls dropped, you need something more than just a regular handy.

I get it. You're rich and can throw money around, so it's not like you're going to miss a grand here or there. And he's single, so maybe he's not getting it regularly or doesn't want a steady girlfriend, and paying for an occasional night's fun with (what you thought was) a discreet service where there are no expectations or obligations the following day can be an attractive option.

And I think his best legal defense is honesty - sorry but I occasionally paid for prostitutes. He can probably show how much coin he dropped. So is any juror stupid enough to believe that he brushed up his penis against her and suggested taking this further (but they didn't actually have sex) in the case where he flew her in from Atlanta to meet her at a hotel, and the whole thing cost $2-3K (I'm guessing) when a legitimate massage only costs $100? And it'll be interesting in discovery to figure out exactly how each of these 6 women got hooked up with this attorney. Would we really be surprised if they ended up finding emails from McNair or Easterby using their work account? Houston, we have a problem.

LOL at “I’m guessing.”

That makes sense especially during COVID. And he should just come clean if that’s the deal. Paying prostitutes won’t hurt him much. Sexual assault will.

so maybe we're trading up after all? i assume the vibe meter on Watson is pretty low at this point?

kind of would be hard to sell to the fanbase rn I feel like

If my suspicions are correct, not really at the end of the day. But we're pretty far from the end of the day. So yeah, Watson is stuck in Houston for now. My question is what is the NFL going to do with Easterby and McNair if it's found that they're behind these suits. I don't know that there is any kind of precedent for this in any pro sport that I can remember.

Idk, I think a large majority of NC and SC would still make the trade with the details as is. Not sure they would need to be "sold"

So Buzbee at his presser said that he's not a fan of the Texans and doesn't really follow this football stuff when asked about the timing of the suits. This from a man who bought a billboard begging the Texans to draft Johnny Football before that draft. Whatever Watson did or didn't do, Buzbee is the kind of pond scum who gives my profession a bad name.

No harm in waiting to see what happens here. Draft Lance and if he looks like a good player, keep him or include him in a package for Watson.

Trouble is Atlanta might take him. After a good pro day, some draft sites have Lance ahead of Fields. Atlanta is curious. They were over the cap, haven't been involved in FA and have a ton of holes on the roster. The Jones and Ryan contracts make them untradable, so you're going to hold on to them for at least this year. Yet most every mock has them taking a QB. I think I'd rather start over with Chase or Sewell or trade down for extra picks. That roster isn't going to win many games, so they should be in a good position to take a QB next year, or they could trade Ryan and get a younger QB in exchange.

The other good news for Carolina is Detroit picked up a good back-up QB, making it less likely that they're taking a QB - and that added to Lurie wanting to stick with Hurts for this year.

All the hype is on Trevor because they were in the same class and he won the title but there was a real debate whether Fields was more talented when they were being recruited. I wouldn't mind Fields at all.

Lance is a gamble. I'd rather get the BPA at #8 (Pitts) and pick up a QB in the 2nd round.

Analysis: Panthers make splash with pass rush as team fills needs in free agency
https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-patient-offense-while-addressing-205600249.html

“I think this might be one of those years, that if you just wait and are patient, you might be able to get quite a few good players in that middle class and they get pinched by the cap this year,” general manager Scott Fitterer said last week. “Even though we’ve created a lot of cap room, this is not a year we’re gonna go wild spending money. We’re gonna be very judicious in how we go about this.”

All the hype is on Trevor because they were in the same class and he won the title but there was a real debate whether Fields was more talented when they were being recruited. I wouldn't mind Fields at all.

Lance is a gamble. I'd rather get the BPA at #8 (Pitts) and pick up a QB in the 2nd round.

I haven't seen a legit mock with Pitts lasting last 8 in awhile. I've seen some weird ones that have like Wilson and Pitts out of the top 10, but not ones that seem to follow conventional wisdom. The 2nd round QBs don't seem that impressive. May as well just take a 6th round QB or UFA instead. Going QB in the 1st and BPA in the 2nd would yield more of a return.

Some other moves. The Saints signed Armah to a 1-year deal. There's no FB on the roster right now.

We signed TE Dan Morgan who Brady knows from the Saints. We signed Stephen Sullivan to a futures contract last month. He was a TE for Brady at LSU and Fit helped draft him to the Seahawks. So the TE position is Ian Thomas, Colin Thompson, Morgan, and Sullivan. I was hoping to sign a good FA TE. Seems like this spot is wide open for Pitts or another draft pick.

Since Pitts is a Philly boy and the Eagles want to give Hurts a fair shot I do see a high chance of him going at 6 now that Ertz will be gone.

I agree with the others that Pitts is likely off the board before 8. It's increasingly sounding like Pitts will be the 2nd receiver taken after Chase and before the Bama WRs because he's such a mismatch.

And I'm not big on the 2nd round QBs. I would be astonished if Trask ever becomes a legit franchise QB. Mond to me is more interesting. I'm still iffy on him as a starter but think he has potential. Another thing you could do if you're not thrilled with Fields is trade a mid round pick for Darnold because it looks like his market has fizzled and/or drafting Mills with a mid round pick. I've never seen him at Stanford, and he's only played a handful of games (less than Lance and Jones), but some of the draft services like him. But he wouldn't be a guy you could expect to start in September.

Damn Watson has 13 ladies coming at him. Yikes.

Member when people thought Watson was more clean cut than Wilson ... man times flies.

Back