• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

So with the salary cap decreasing this year, at least some FA's will get a hair cut right? I would imagine demand would mean top tier FA's are not affected, but mid- to low-tier FA's will take a significant hit. They sign a short term deal and re-enter free agency in a year or two? Could be some deals to be had with those just below elite. Where would KK fall in this scenario?

From what I’ve read, any chance of resigning Samuel and/or getting a decent FA TE (seeing Hunter Henry and Jared Cook mentioned the most) depend on cutting KK for cap space.

Word on the street is that panthers are willing to give up 3 1st rd pks and McCaffrey for Watson. Are they out of their damn minds?

Word on the street is that panthers are willing to give up 3 1st rd pks and McCaffrey for Watson. Are they out of their damn minds?

DO it. The only thing that matters in this 7 on 7 flag football world is your QB's reputation and the protection the officials are willing to give him. It is miraculous how Tom Brady's offensive lineman never hold and the opposing defensive secondary is always holding.

The same reason Watson doesn’t/won’t

Eh, I don't think so. There's definitely shades of racism but I think the Trump voting refs (I guarantee its at least 60-40, just look at their backgrounds and where they live) view Watson and Cam differently. Also Cam didn't win anything. That matters.

Watson is capable of winning, as was Cam, but doesn't have to play in a way in which body will be ruined by the time he's 28. Cam was only good when his power running was a serious threat. Watson is a more well rounded QB.

Cam has won way more than Watson both college and pros

He's also six years older than Watson ('89 and '95). Cam won the MVP and the NFC when he was 26 and in his fifth year as a pro, a year which Watson is entering now. Before that year he was 1-2 in the playoffs, Watson is 1-2 in the playoffs.

As for college - both won a natty, Watson went to two.

i would do it. i'm scared that CMC is gonna be washed soon. at best you hit on 2 of 3 first rounders. it's really not that much to ask for one of the 5 best QBs in the league. get some excitement back yo!

Would you give up Brown, Burns, DJ, and CMC for Watson? Maybe not.

But would you have given up KB, Shaq, Butler, and CMC for Watson? Hell yeah.

It all comes down to the quality of the picks and you don't know what that's going to be until years down the road.

Would you give up Brown, Burns, DJ, and CMC for Watson? Maybe not.

But would you have given up KB, Shaq, Butler, and CMC for Watson? Hell yeah.

It all comes down to the quality of the picks and you don't know what that's going to be until years down the road.

Agreed. I'll add that The Athletic's last mock had us trading two firsts, a third, and a fifth to move up to #3 to pick Fields. McShay has us trading two firsts and a second to move up to #3 to pick Lance. While I acknowledge that having an elite QB on a rookie deal is the best bargain in sports, if the going rate to move up to #3 in order to take a complete unknown is two firsts and a 2nd- or 3rd-rounder, it seems like a no-brainer to trade three firsts for an established top-five QB, even if we have to throw in CMC.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - New Season. New Thread. New QB?

Yep. The next best deal in sports is a franchise QB locked up in a long term deal. Do it. The odds of hitting on three straight firsts is pretty low even though we may have just done it. If Fit and Rhule are any good, they’ll get top talent in the rest of the draft too.

Agreed. I'll add that The Athletic's last mock had us trading two firsts, a third, and a fifth to move up to #3 to pick Fields. McShay has us trading two firsts and a second to move up to #3 to pick Lance. While I acknowledge that having an elite QB on a rookie deal is the best bargain in sports, if the going rate to move up to #3 in order to take a complete unknown is two firsts and a 2nd- or 3rd-rounder, it seems like a no-brainer to trade three firsts for an established top-five QB, even if we have to throw in CMC.

but is Watson actually a top 5 QB?

(I think he is)

but is Watson actually a top 5 QB?

(I think he is)

Who do you have in front of him? I’ve got2 for sure, and two tossups. Mahomes & Rodgers for sure. Allen & Wilson are the tossups.

Eh, I don't think so. There's definitely shades of racism but I think the Trump voting refs (I guarantee its at least 60-40, just look at their backgrounds and where they live) view Watson and Cam differently. Also Cam didn't win anything. That matters.

Watson is capable of winning, as was Cam, but doesn't have to play in a way in which body will be ruined by the time he's 28. Cam was only good when his power running was a serious threat. Watson is a more well rounded QB.

Cam not winning that SB is partially because every call went against the Panthers that game. You can’t say refs don’t have to give you respect until you win something when they can be a large part of why you didn’t win something.

Back