• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Greg signing a one day contract on the same day as TD.

So Chris Simms put out his QB draft rankings the other day, and he's been right more often than wrong. His order is Wilson, Lawrence, Jones, Mond, Fields then Lance. It's already pretty evident Lawrence and Fields are going 1, 2. And Simms isn't the only talking head who has had Jones surpassing Fields and Lance. But Mond? No one else has him as a 1st round pick. I kinda like him as a day 2 guy but was surprised to see him that high. What say ye?

Is he going to back up Will Grier, or have a legit shot at being our 3rd QB? Sure why not waste another 3rd round pick!

I haven't followed Simms' draft rankings, but he does seem to have a good track record. Based on his rankings, we shouldn't draft a QB unless one of that group falls to the 2nd.

Chris Simms Rankings of the 2018 QB Draft Class: 1.) Lamar Jackson, 2.) Josh Allen, 3.) Baker Mayfield, 4.) Sam Darnold, 5.) Josh Rosen

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/81djaz/chris_simms_rankings_of_the_2018_qb_draft_class_1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFku2K3UFMY
1. Murray
2. Lock
3. Haskins
4. Finley
5. Stidham
6. Jones
7. Thorson
8. Grier

Joe Burrow (#1), Justin Herbert (#2), Jordan Love (#3), Tua Tagovailoa (#4), and Jacob Eason (#5)
https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...k-rankings-on-chris-simms-unbuttoned-podcast/

Yeah, Simms big recent miss was Daniel Jones, and most everyone missed on that because the team around him at Duke was awful. The interesting thing about his Bama QBs is that he appears to like Mac Jones more than Tua.

Yeah, Simms big recent miss was Daniel Jones, and most everyone missed on that because the team around him at Duke was awful. The interesting thing about his Bama QBs is that he appears to like Mac Jones more than Tua.

Jaylen Waddle feels the same way.

Wait hold the phone are you trying to say Daniel Jones is good?

Wait hold the phone are you trying to say Daniel Jones is good?

I think the jury is out on Jones. He's looked pretty decent times but has also had a TO issue. But he's certainly better than Stidham, Finley, Haskins and probably Lock. This is a big year for both Jones and Lock. The other items I'd mention in defense of Jones is he has a bad OL, didn't have Barkley last year and had a mediocre at best receiving corps. Put any young QB on a team devoid of weapons and with a bad OL, and most aren't going to succeed.

That's the argument people are making for Darnold though.

I think Jones is at the top of a Stidman, Finley, Haskins, Lock group because he's had more of a chance than they have. The gap between Murray and Jones is so big that it's not worth saying he's #2 and Simms got it wrong.

McShay's latest mock has us trading up to 3 with the Dolphins to take Fields. But I guess that would mean they don't get Watson since presumably they'd trade their pick.

That's the argument people are making for Darnold though.

I think Jones is at the top of a Stidman, Finley, Haskins, Lock group because he's had more of a chance than they have. The gap between Murray and Jones is so big that it's not worth saying he's #2 and Simms got it wrong.

Agree some and disagree some. Agree that Lock, Darnold and Jones are in the same boat - they've all showed some potential on bad offenses, but they all have had bad TO tendencies. Any of the 3 could pan out as starters or flame out. Haskins, Finley and Stidham haven't shown any potential in their opportunities.

Panthers expected to franchise Taylor Moton.

LOL. There wasn’t even anybody in the stands last year to boo his shitastic performances.

LOL. There wasn’t even anybody in the stands last year to boo his shitastic performances.

Will probably only be visiting fans this year. Panthers jacked up ticket prices again. For 2 seats in section 104:

2021 invoice: $2,901.11
2020 invoice: $2,579.37

$321.74 increase after going 5-11 (and 5-11 the year before)

Will probably only be visiting fans this year. Panthers jacked up ticket prices again. For 2 seats in section 104:

2021 invoice: $2,901.11
2020 invoice: $2,579.37

$321.74 increase after going 5-11 (and 5-11 the year before)

That is pretty crazy. Contrast that to the Hornets who for existing season ticket holders for 2021-2022 (a) first allowed me to move my seat location up a ticket tier at no charge, (b) then dropped the season ticket price in the higher tier location by 10% from what it was for the 2019-2020 season in the lower tier location, so I'm basically paying about 15% less for the better seats than I would have in 2019-2020. And they actually have a fun team that people are willing to pay a premium to see.

the hornets will probably jack up prices next now that ppl want to see MELO

Back