• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Tepper et all still want and will continue to try and get Watson, and certainly now believe that they can get him cheaper.

Ah yes the team known for having the sex creep former owner now wants the sex creep star QB

Tepper trading a ransom for Watson and then having him suspended for a year seems right on brand.

I haven't really followed the Panthers that closely since he purchased them, but I've been watching them catastrophically fuck up the Charlotte FC roll out and from what I read Panthers fans are similarly disgruntled.

Maybe Tepper should just stick to the rigged games he wins as a hedge fund manager and get out of actual, competitive sports.

They can’t do anything until all of this is investigated and resolved one way or another. Seems like no matter what the outcome, that could take forever. At which point won’t the Panthers have committed to some other quarterback plan?

I’d have to think about my fandom if we trade for Watson at this point with what’s out there. Even if innocent, not sure if I’m comfortable hitching or wagon to somebody that could have 20+ sexual assault lawsuits.

I’d have to think about my fandom if we trade for Watson at this point with what’s out there. Even if innocent, not sure if I’m comfortable hitching or wagon to somebody that could have 20+ sexual assault lawsuits.

Second

Watson becomes less radioactive enough to trade for the minute after the Harris Co. DA announces there will be no criminal charges, or only charges Watson with solicitation of prostitution. And you might be able to get him cheaper, say 2 1sts plus a little.

Tepper trading a ransom for Watson and then having him suspended for a year seems right on brand.

I haven't really followed the Panthers that closely since he purchased them, but I've been watching them catastrophically fuck up the Charlotte FC roll out and from what I read Panthers fans are similarly disgruntled.

Maybe Tepper should just stick to the rigged games he wins as a hedge fund manager and get out of actual, competitive sports.

What's going on with Charlotte FC? Super stoked about the Austin FC shit.

Watson becomes less radioactive enough to trade for the minute after the Harris Co. DA announces there will be no criminal charges, or only charges Watson with solicitation of prostitution. And you might be able to get him cheaper, say 2 1sts plus a little.

I mean just because there is no criminal charges doesn't mean that the NFL wont investigate and punish. I think we are looking at a massive suspension.

I mean just because there is no criminal charges doesn't mean that the NFL wont investigate and punish. I think we are looking at a massive suspension.

What exactly was Kraft's punishment for soliciting prostitution? That is your precedent.

What's going on with Charlotte FC? Super stoked about the Austin FC shit.

Bro, I'm super jealous. Not only is the stadium/game day atmosphere going to be 100x better in Austin than Charlotte (brand new soccer specific stadium vs. oversized outdated football stadium) but their front office and coaching staff actually knows what they are doing. They have signed excellent young talent from South America, who they will develop and sell on for a profit. They've also brought in several solid MLS veteran players who should make them competitive from Day 1.

Charlotte FC hired a former European agent to run their recruitment, who so far he has signed a few random second division Euros, and they don't have any coaching staff lined up, which means they have no plan for what type of style they want to plan. They are requiring PSLs for season tickets, which no other MLS team is doing. Their ticket prices are also stupid expensive, top 2-3 in the league, and this will be for a team that will most likely be absolute dog shit for their first couple of seasons because they have no front office/tactical plan.

They might get a decent attendance for the first 3-5 matches due to corporate partnerships and the newness factor, but my prediction is that a horrible Charlotte FC side will playing in front of 8-10K fans in a 75K seat stadium by the end of next summer. Charlotte FC will be the dregs of MLS for its first couple of season and a cautionary tale about letting non-soccer people start an expansion franchise.

LAFC has to be the case study on nailing an MLS expansion team

LAFC has to be the case study on nailing an MLS expansion team

For a small stadium side, yes. It is very much the model that Austin is following. Excluding the big Mexican signing (Vela) which Austin could still make.

For a large stadium team the model should be Atlanta. They nailed creating a fantastic atmosphere and buzz in a NFL size stadium. They were also competitive in year one.

Both teams made tickets/access very affordable in year one, and then jacked up prices once they got successful. Tepper and Charlotte is going the other way for some reason, and its going to kill their first year momentum. I'm a member of a FB group of Triad area "supporters" and a lot of people are backing out of season tickets because of the pricing and the "vibes" coming from the team.

For a small stadium side, yes. It is very much the model that Austin is following. Excluding the big Mexican signing (Vela) which Austin could still make.

For a large stadium team the model should be Atlanta. They nailed creating a fantastic atmosphere and buzz in a NFL size stadium. They were also competitive in year one

Both teams made tickets/access very affordable in year one, and then jacked up prices once they got successful. Tepper and Charlotte is going the other way for some reason, and its going to kill their first year momentum. I'm a member of a FB group of Triad area "supporters" and a lot of people are backing out of season tickets because of the pricing and the "vibes" coming from the team.

A lot of that credit can go to Wake's own Sarah Kate Noftsinger. She was the director of marketing and fan engagement for the 1st 3 seasons.

Bro, I'm super jealous. Not only is the stadium/game day atmosphere going to be 100x better in Austin than Charlotte (brand new soccer specific stadium vs. oversized outdated football stadium) but their front office and coaching staff actually knows what they are doing. They have signed excellent young talent from South America, who they will develop and sell on for a profit. They've also brought in several solid MLS veteran players who should make them competitive from Day 1.

Charlotte FC hired a former European agent to run their recruitment, who so far he has signed a few random second division Euros, and they don't have any coaching staff lined up, which means they have no plan for what type of style they want to plan. They are requiring PSLs for season tickets, which no other MLS team is doing. Their ticket prices are also stupid expensive, top 2-3 in the league, and this will be for a team that will most likely be absolute dog shit for their first couple of seasons because they have no front office/tactical plan.

They might get a decent attendance for the first 3-5 matches due to corporate partnerships and the newness factor, but my prediction is that a horrible Charlotte FC side will playing in front of 8-10K fans in a 75K seat stadium by the end of next summer. Charlotte FC will be the dregs of MLS for its first couple of season and a cautionary tale about letting non-soccer people start an expansion franchise.

Austin FC is a full year ahead of Charlotte FC. Sure, all of what you said is true, but that's not comparing apples to apples. Charlotte has signed 3-4 bench players for depth and to give the team a few faces. They aren't going to sign a DP or starters until a coach is signed, which should be this summer.

You can worry all you want about the stadium, PSLs, etc. But I'm not worried one bit about the roster.

Back