• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

worth remembering that there is no bigger bandwagon sports town than atlanta. None. Anywhere. They will be packing in 15k in 2 years.

Austin FC is a full year ahead of Charlotte FC. Sure, all of what you said is true, but that's not comparing apples to apples. Charlotte has signed 3-4 bench players for depth and to give the team a few faces. They aren't going to sign a DP or starters until a coach is signed, which should be this summer.

You can worry all you want about the stadium, PSLs, etc. But I'm not worried one bit about the roster.

You’re correct, but Charlotte didn’t know that until last fall. They were originally scheduled to start this year along with Austin, and Austin was galaxies ahead of them on and off the pitch. Tepper got bailed out by COVID.

I’d bet my life savings that Charlotte FC won’t make the playoffs in its first two seasons. Here’s the LinkedIn page of the Director of Football:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/zoran-krneta-79537240

Note the non-existent experience in running or creating a football team. Note his zero experience with MLS and all of its salary cap/draft/etc nuances. My guess is that he and Tepper bonded over tax evasion at some conference, and that’s why he got the job.

Hell they retweeted a video of their young “star” Aussie player scoring a banger for Birmingham’s reserves. He’s playing in the Championship reserves at the age of 22.

They are going to suck.

You’re correct, but Charlotte didn’t know that until last fall. They were originally scheduled to start this year along with Austin, and Austin was galaxies ahead of them on and off the pitch. Tepper got bailed out by COVID.

I’d bet my life savings that Charlotte FC won’t make the playoffs in its first two seasons. Here’s the LinkedIn page of the Director of Football:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/zoran-krneta-79537240

Note the non-existent experience in running or creating a football team. Note his zero experience with MLS and all of its salary cap/draft/etc nuances. My guess is that he and Tepper bonded over tax evasion at some conference, and that’s why he got the job.

Hell they retweeted a video of their young “star” Aussie player scoring a banger for Birmingham’s reserves. He’s playing in the Championship reserves at the age of 22.

They are going to suck.

You must be excited about Austin getting a team. Congrats.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Panthers to nab Lance?

You must be excited about Austin getting a team. Congrats.

I was, but sadly they didn’t announce until six months after I moved back to NC. It honestly would have made it harder to leave.

And I’m sorry to shit on Charlotte FC in the Panthers thread, but Im just super frustrated with ever decision Tepper and his team have made. I really want them to succeed, it’s an 85 min drive from front door, and I’d love to get into the team. Soccer games are great live, especially when the atmosphere is popping.

I truly want Charlotte FC to succeed, I just have zero faith in that occurring with Tepper and his horrible hires.

Last edited:
I'll take almost any bet that they make the playoffs within first two seasons

Btw Brasky you should be able to grab tickets from me a couple times a season, if wanted. We got an early buy window with my Panthers PSLs so we got Row 1 right behind the new field level suites. I was only going to get two tickets but after having that opportunity, I bought 4.

$35.00 face value is tough to beat for this view.

160994503_10164799847815534_907367693156392360_o.jpg

160925388_10164799847820534_7004227596900008207_o.jpg

Btw Brasky you should be able to grab tickets from me a couple times a season, if wanted. We got an early buy window with my Panthers PSLs so we got Row 1 right behind the new field level suites. I was only going to get two tickets but after having that opportunity, I bought 4.

$35.00 face value is tough to beat for this view.

160994503_10164799847815534_907367693156392360_o.jpg

160925388_10164799847820534_7004227596900008207_o.jpg

Damn those are some great seats, I wouldn’t mind taking in a match or two from there. Hopefully I’m wrong about it what next year is going to look like for Charlotte FC.

Can we talk more about fucking soccer on this football thread? Because ones of people will be excited about that .

Can we talk more about fucking soccer on this football thread? Because ones of people will be excited about that .

You’re right.

To be safe and inclusive lets rename this thread THE DAVID TEPPER FUCK UP THREAD

I was, but sadly they didn’t announce until six months after I moved back to NC. It honestly would have made it harder to leave.

And I’m sorry to shit on Charlotte FC in the Panthers thread, but Im just super frustrated with ever decision Tepper and his team have made. I really want them to succeed, it’s an 85 min drive from front door, and I’d love to get into the team. Soccer games are great live, especially when the atmosphere is popping.

I truly want Charlotte FC to succeed, I just have zero faith in that occurring with Tepper and his horrible hires.

Thought you were still in Austin. Did you at least own your house and make a killing on the sale? My best friend from college is down there and says real estate prices are crazy there right now.

Forgot to add, and getting back to the original thread, I saw some reporting where 1 team has said they're moving on from Watson because his situation won't be resolved by the draft.

We could just stick with Teddy and grab a UFA QB and revisit Watson during the season. Or draft Fields or Lance and do the same.

i don't even want lance at #8, def don't want to trade up to get him

On top of Charlotte generally sucking, they essentially cock-blocked Raleigh (which actually has some soccer culture) from ever getting an MLS team.

Lol at Raleigh having any soccer culture, maybe you're talking about Cary, NC?

Raleigh should just be thankful that the Canes haven't packed up and left town yet.

Back