• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

MLS has been around for a long time before Tepper got involved. Why didn’t Raleigh get one before?

Seemingly every mock coming out now has us trading up to get Lance or Fields

Yeah, and I don't get it. The only reason to trade up that high is if you get a reasonable deal with NYJ because they're sticking with Darnold, so then you get Wilson. But 1st, I think they'd be stupid to stick with an at least somewhat damaged Darnold when you can get Wilson on a rookie contract. And 2nd, if they're auctioning off pick #2, the price will not be reasonable.

Miami would probably love to trade down. But to me, Fields, Lance and Jones are all in about the same boat - they project to be top half of the 1st round franchise QBs, and they all have warts that Lawrence and Wilson don't have. So why trade up unless you're so sold on Fields being that next guy? If Fields goes off the board at 4, and you have a strong preference for Lance or Jones over the other, then maybe hop to 6 if you think Denver hops you to 7 to take that guy. But I'm still not sold on Denver taking a QB. If I'm Denver, this is the year I find out if Lock is the guy, and I team build around him. If he's not, next year is increasingly looking like the year where Rodgers, Wilson and Watson will be on the trade market. So I'm betting against a lot of phone activity with Miami once they're on the clock.

I'd be discouraging soccer talk here if anything was going on with the Panthers aside from signing randos. It's definitely fair to argue if Tepper knows what he's doing or if he's just another wealthy guy who knows how to make money and that's it.

Lol at Raleigh having any soccer culture, maybe you're talking about Cary, NC?

Raleigh should just be thankful that the Canes haven't packed up and left town yet.

Hey man that’s Wake county. Don’t be an ahole - I didn’t say anything about how shitty and bland Charlotte is

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - #AllCharlotteFutbolMatters

Hey man that’s Wake county. Don’t be an ahole - I didn’t say anything about how shitty and bland Charlotte is

I was living in Raleigh at the time of the MLS bids and rooting for Raleigh to win, but my god was their bid terrible. The downtown stadium "plan" was a joke and crazy impractical. Also the guy who owns NCFC (bring back the Railhawks!) came off sounding like a boob in all the local media.

Charlotte didn't block Raleigh from getting a team, the Raleigh bid was just awful.

That's a grown ass man, if we don't go QB please take Parsons.

That reminds me that LB Christian Miller is still on the roster after opting out in 2020, saying he was high risk for COVID. Played in seven games as a rookie in 2019.

We obviously have an excellent track record with first round MLBs but their short careers are a drawback.

Is it guaranjeffteagued that Parsons is an MLB with us? I've seen listed more often as an EDGE or OLB

The Panthers just got absolutely wrecked. It could be a blessing in disguise given that we should be able to get a safer bet by not going QB, but between the Watson scandal and that absurd trade by the Niners, we certainly seem to be on the outside looking in for a QB after everything looked great a month ago. I’m very jealous of the Dolphins right now.

Last edited:
Might be 4 QBs at first 4 picks. Wow.

Well that means the Panthers can stay at #8 and get a top 4 non-QB.

Dolphins traded the Niners' pick, a 4th rounder, and a 2022 1st to move up to #6.

That means we'll get a Top 3 non-QB or WR. That's fine.

Yeah, so the Broncos also appear to be frozen out of the top of the QB draft.

The Jets still have to do something with Sam Darnold, assuming they will take a QB.

The Falcons get Filthy Fourths on their QB pick.

If the first four picks are Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Lance, the Panthers will have a choice of most of the following:

QB: Mac Jones
WR/TE: Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, DaVonte Smith, Kyle Pitts
OT: Penei Sewell, Rayshawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw
CB: Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn

Sewell would be great, but I don’t see him falling. A receiver would be a pretty big let down. It’s just not an impactful enough position for #8 unless we
want to follow the Lions or Cowboys model. QB, LT, edge rusher or bust in my opinion. I’m sure there will be great ones available in hindsight, but it doesn’t appear as though there will be an elite one available at 8, purely according to pre-draft grades.

Back