• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

We aren’t taking a WR. No way.

The Panthers do NOT want a rookie QB. The Trey Lance pro day certainly didn’t change their mind . it just confirmed what they already believed - that he was along way away from being a stud NFL quarterback. The last thing Tepper wants is another Sunday afternoon watching a QB that can’t carry his team.

If they did, it would have been THEM trading up. The Panthers leadership is glad teams traded up to take QBs.

I will learn more tonight. If there is more.

Last edited:
Well it looks like Garrapollo is available.

No way we go with Darnold over a young QB. At least Jimmy G went to a Super Bowl.

I’m gonna be p pissed if all this no way, no how rookie talk means we miss out on a stud, especially due to beating WFT.

This team isn’t ready to win now and we have an experienced QB on a short term deal. It’s the perfect time to get a young QB. But I wouldn’t pay the going rate for one right now.

Is Jimmy G that much of an improvement over Teddy B?

Either way, if we don’t get the qb of the future this offseason, I think we’re in purgatory. Defense will be better next year, CMC will hopefully play a full season. We’ll be looking at pick 12-16 next year. And we will continue to get better despite a very subpar quarterback.

No way we go with Darnold over a young QB. At least Jimmy G went to a Super Bowl.

I’m not saying Darnold is necessarily the answer, but he’s 23. Younger than Joe Burrow

Darnold too. Sounds like the Jets don’t even want a first for him.

1. No team is giving a 1st for Darnold. NYJ would be lucky to get a 2nd.

2. Shefter said on NFL Live that SF isn't trading Garrapolo this year. This will be similar to a Smith/Mahomes situation. Which suggests to me they may like Lance > Fields because he likely needs to sit longer.

3. So it may end up being next year is the year where there is a lot of QB movement, not this year. Garrapolo is now almost certainly being traded next year. Rodgers didn't get an extension and will likely be on the market with the cap hit being better next year than this year. Watson now likely won't be traded before the draft because his legal situation won't be resolved. And the cap hit trading Wilson is much better next offseason, and they can't get a QB in return right now.

4. So the question for Rhule is how much does he like Jones. Same question for Denver if y'all don't take him. Or do you build at other positions and suffer with Teddy another year? The Niners have played this much better with Garrapolo than Carolina has with Teddy. Don't throw your QB under the bus until he's out the door. It really hurts the rebuild by putting off the QB decision another year. I'd take Jones at 8 after a good Senior Bowl performance.

The Panthers do NOT want a rookie QB. The Trey Lance pro day certainly didn’t change their mind . it just confirmed what they already believed - that he was along way away from being a stud NFL quarterback. The last thing Tepper wants is another Sunday afternoon watching a QB that can’t carry his team.

If they did, it would have been THEM trading up. The Panthers leadership is glad teams traded up to take QBs.

I will learn more tonight. If there is more.

so what's the scoop?

i wouldn't be too mad about Jimmy G or Darnold

I’m thinking the Niners keep Jimmy G and trade him to the Pats next offseason.

so what's the scoop?

i wouldn't be too mad about Jimmy G or Darnold

I'm okay with Garrapolo, though I wouldn't give up a ton for him, but Darnold is a damaged project. It's not just the last 3 years. He was a TO machine at USC as well. I'd be okay giving up a mid round pick for Darnold, but then do you pick up his 5th year option sight unseen? I still like Jones the best of this year's options.

Also forgot to mention Ryan as a QB on the move next offseason as his cap number makes him more tradeable. Every mock has them taking a QB, likely Fields. If you don't get Jones now, it feels like a wasted year for teams like Carolina, Pittsburgh, Chicago and the WFT as you're going through the motions until you get your QB.

Please don't pick Jones. Saban limits his QBs from making full field reads or even working multiple progressions. They win because they have the best WR and RB. Saban wants the Alabama QBs to just be a game manager - yes even Tua.

I haven't followed Tua at Miami - my guess is he uses his arm / accuracy to make some impressive throws, but struggles working progressions from the pocket.

Rumor on the street is the 49ers will take Mac Jones at #3. That...would be wild.

As a thought exercise/due diligence, what would it take to get Andrew Luck's rights from the Colts? Is the really retired, or like Gronk, willing to come back to the right situation?
The Colts seem to ask him every year if he's coming back, and he's told them "no."

Back