• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Pretty sure Andrew Luck already gave the Panthers a big No Fucking Way decision when he originally had the opportunity to play for them.

Rumor on the street is the 49ers will take Mac Jones at #3. That...would be wild.

I said on the other thread that Lynch and Shanahan were going to be at Jones' pro day tomorrow and not Fields. I think they were at Lance's as well. So yeah, they traded up to 3 for 1 of those 2, not Fields. And I gotta say, they've done pretty well personnel wise putting together a SB contender pretty quickly before being decimated by injuries this past year. Which 1 are the Carolina folks going to tomorrow?

Fields I'd assume. They spent a week with Jones at the senior bowl, what more do they need to see?

Yeah. They're going to see Fields. I think I saw they're not sending anybody on see Jones.

I would not draft Mac Jones.

That is about as uninspiring as it gets.

Would be happier with one of the two offensive tackles.

I would not draft Mac Jones.

That is about as uninspiring as it gets.

Would be happier with one of the two offensive tackles.

The thing is the vast majority of the chatter has SF moving to 3 to take Jones. They must have believed Atlanta might have picked him at 4, and I doubt that was the case. They probably could have gone to 5 or 7 and gotten Jones without having to give up so much. It's increasingly sounding like Shanahan was desperate for Jones, and he told Lynch to get him at any cost.

There’s precedent for moving up to #3 to take an underwhelming QB.

I honestly don't know what the right decision is here for the Panthers, but I'm fairly certain they will make the wrong one.

I've moved on from the Watson idea. Let the process play out, but no chance you can make that move as things stand.

Guitardeac, how did your source not see this coming? Did this really take the Texans and Panthers by surprise?

Agreed, 100% out on Watson. Out on the panthers if they move for him.

What's the big deal ? It's not like he's running for POTUS or something.

Back