• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I like the deal. It opens up so many more options for the 8th pick this year.

That’s a solid deal for us. If he still sucks it’s no biggie.

would rather give Darnold a shot and spend next years 2nd than take a flyer on Trey Lance or Mac Jones when we can have an awesome skill player or possibly the best LT in the draft. good trade given the circumstances.

also Tepper's Houston PD connects must've told him DeShaun is donezo

Don’t think Darnold is the answer but worth a shot considering it’s a relatively light package.

I mean.... am I missing something on Darnold? his stats are fucking awful and seem consistent with what his doubters expected coming out of college

it just seems like he stinks and it's not that complicated

Well then we pick Pitts or maybe even more likely now. Sewell. If available. For once in his life Darnold can throw while standing upright.

I mean.... am I missing something on Darnold? his stats are fucking awful and seem consistent with what his doubters expected coming out of college

it just seems like he stinks and it's not that complicated

He's younger than Joe Burrow and played on the Jets under Gase

I am very happy that Trey Lance is (presumably) coming nowhere near this team. I wonder if he drops out of the first round now if the Steelers, Colts, Bucs, or Saints don't take him. Don't @ me !

I am fine with Pitts, Sewell, Chase, or Smith. I like all of them!

Of all the receivers (Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle), I think Smith will have the most difficult transtion to the NFL because of his size/weight. Looks like Pitts and Chase will be gone by the time we pick.

I don't like the deal for a 1 year rental of Darnold. Are you going to pick up his 5th year option sight unseen? I wouldn't. Maybe Rhule can rehab him into being decent, but he's been a TO machine at both USC and NYJ. I just don't see him becoming a top 20 QB. Oh well, guess this means Watson won't be on the market till next offseason. I just don't like seeing that much 2022 draft capital going out the door when next year you'll be giving up 2-3 1sts for Watson, Rodgers or Wilson.

Still not a fan of taking a skill position in the first. Too many holes to fill. OL, CB, LB.

Definitely a win now move. 6th rounders don't matter and we have two 6th round comps this year anyway. The bet is that the 2022 2nd and 4th will be low picks and we won't go into the draft with major needs. May even be able to trade Teddy during the season to get that 2022 4th back as well.

Now I definitely am fine trading up to get Sewell if necessary.

Back