• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I don't like the deal for a 1 year rental of Darnold. Are you going to pick up his 5th year option sight unseen? I wouldn't. Maybe Rhule can rehab him into being decent, but he's been a TO machine at both USC and NYJ. I just don't see him becoming a top 20 QB. Oh well, guess this means Watson won't be on the market till next offseason. I just don't like seeing that much 2022 draft capital going out the door when next year you'll be giving up 2-3 1sts for Watson, Rodgers or Wilson.

Panthers already picked up the 5th year, just reported on tweeter

Like it. Low risk high potential reward. #3 pick from 3 years ago who was thrown into a shitty situation with a shitty coaching staff and a shitty supporting cast.

We are not getting Pitts at 8, and I don't see us moving up for him. Sewell is the best-case scenario.

I just went from hoping only 3 QB's go in the first 7 picks to hoping that 7 do.

The most valuable part of this trade is freeing up that 8 pick to take BPA.

Uhhhhhh, win what, 7-9 games?

I didn't mean we're going to win now with Darnold. I meant that Tepper, Fit, and Rhule think we're going to win enough this year to make that 2022 2nd rounder not particularly valuable.

Who starts opening day, Teddy or Darnold? Presumably Teddy is reverting to his rightful place as permanent backup.

The Watson situation is NOT over. This may be a chip in that. Not sure. But I just learned that it is NOT over in terms of Watson - not in the least. I was told to hang on and I will learn more tonight.

FWIW, Darnold was exceptionally young when he was drafted out of USC. He's played three years in the NFL and is only 23. He is younger than Joe Burrow, and within a year of Tua and Justin Herbert. Also, while less than stellar with the Jets, not sure any QB would've done much better with the players and coaches around him. Lastly, Darnold was 7-6 as the starting QB for the Jets in 2019. Think the Panthers can put a better roster around Darnold than the Jets had that year.

Risky, but a worthy risk. With so many teams going QB crazy in the draft, the Panthers can now select a stud with their first pick rather than a reach QB.

Who starts opening day, Teddy or Darnold? Presumably Teddy is reverting to his rightful place as permanent backup.

Teddy is gone. Absolute only case where we see him in Carolina this year is he restructures as a back up.

Darnold is 100% the starter folks

The Watson situation is NOT over. This may be a chip in that. Not sure. But I just learned that it is NOT over in terms of Watson - not in the least. I was told to hang on and I will learn more tonight.

hahahahahaha

Panthers already picked up the 5th year, just reported on tweeter

Jesus. So now you have a 2 year marriage to a mediocre QB. I get that he's had 2 bad situations in the pros. But I liked him the least of the top 5 QB picks 3 years ago because he had been so turnover prone in college. It wasn't just the picks, he also had a fumbling issue. Tepper was promising a big move at QB. This is not that.

Then WhyTF pick up Darnold's 5th year option?!? Now you're on the hook for $18-20mil for next year. Not sure how much of that cap space you can get rid of if you cut or trade him after this year.

Then WhyTF pick up Darnold's 5th year option?!? Now you're on the hook for $18-20mil for next year. Not sure how much of that cap space you can get rid of if you cut or trade him after this year.

Pretty obvious that Darnold would be going to the Texans in that scenario

I think trading down to get that 2nd back is very much in play now, btw.

Pretty obvious that Darnold would be going to the Texans in that scenario

So you're hoping Darnold is good enough this year for Houston to be excited in trading for him next year? Houston probably won't need because they'll have the 1st pick next year.

Back