• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

If Fields is there I think it's a no brainer that we trade back 1 spot with the Broncos and get our 2nd round pick back

Why would the Broncos do that if it's obvious we don't want Fields ? Are we going to draft Fields to spite the Broncos because they won't make the trade ?

Why would the Broncos do that if it's obvious we don't want Fields ? Are we going to draft Fields to spite the Broncos because they won't make the trade ?

Because another team will trade up and jump them for Fields. Do you not understand how this works?

Because another team will trade up and jump them for Fields. Do you not understand how this works?

Sure, but we'd have to trade down further than we wanted and probably wouldn't be able to get, for instance, the rookie LT that we want/need who is falling in our laps.

Darnold can't play. He is a turnover machine. Panthers didn't give up that much; however, they got nothing back.

Schefter just tweeted the Falcons are entertaining offers for the #4 pick, so someone like the Broncos could go that way

Schefter just tweeted the Falcons are entertaining offers for the #4 pick, so someone like the Broncos could go that way

Well that would all but guarantee us Sewell, Pitts, or Slater; which I'm assuming is the direction we want to go.

Worst case scenario is ATL taking Sewell, Bengals taking Slater, and the maybe the Lions taking Pitts in front of us.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Our QB Sam Darnold

Sure, but we'd have to trade down further than we wanted and probably wouldn't be able to get, for instance, the rookie LT that we want/need who is falling in our laps.

You asked why the Broncos would do that.

As far as the Panthers, if Sewell is there at #8 and we could drop down a few picks and those teams in between aren’t in the market for a LT, then it’s a fairly safe risk.

If he isn’t on the board and we want BPA but not a WR, dropping down is probably the right move.

Nvm we aren't going OL in the draft, we just found OUR GUY in FA

A rando who didn't go to Temple, Baylor, or LSU? Maybe Fit is doing his homework.

You asked why the Broncos would do that.

As far as the Panthers, if Sewell is there at #8 and we could drop down a few picks and those teams in between aren’t in the market for a LT, then it’s a fairly safe risk.

If he isn’t on the board and we want BPA but not a WR, dropping down is probably the right move.

And I answered that it would not be a good move to trade back to slot behind the Broncos because we would lose significant value in that first pick. FWIW, I don't think the Panthers will trade the pick.

You asked why the Broncos would do that. I explained why the Broncos would do that. You took issue with my explanation based on what you think the Panthers would do.

Would the Panthers take the #15 pick and next year's 1st from the Patriots? Maybe. If the Broncos want to make sure that doesn't happen, they'd probably offer their 3rd or 4th to drop one spot.

Last edited:
Former Panther and brother to Brian Burns. He know something?

The Broncos trading up to one spot to get a player we aren't going to draft doesn't make sense for them if we're not willing to trade the pick to someone else, which I don't think we are. Now, if there are a bunch of either/or scenarios where we would be happy with Sewell/Slater/Pitts/Surtain/Horn/Parsons and know that at least one will be available after the trade, then go for it. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions draft Fields and use Goff as a mentor.

LOL. You're hilarious Biff. I can imagine that conversation.

Broncos GM: Hey Fit, you guys gonna take Fields at #8?
Fit: Nah bro.
Broncos GM: Whew. Are you gonna trade the #8 pick to anybody else?
Fit: Nope.
Broncos GM: No matter what they offer?
Fit: No matter what they offer.
Broncos GM: Oh man. That's a relief because if you were, we'd have to give you a 3rd rounder to move up to #8 and take Fields and you could just take whoever you were going to take at #9 instead.

I see your point but the Panthers would be stupid to trade this pick to anyone but the Broncos unless they're okay with taking a lesser player, especially if they can get the OT or TE they want at #8.

The only reason I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions drafted a 22 year old to be mentored by a 26 year is because the Lions are a horrible front office who would blow up one of the only smart things they've done since drafting Megatron. They're definitely not somehow addicted to QBs who stepped between the hedges.

If Pitts is gone when the Panthers pick I would consider trading back. There are 2 tackles graded about the same and several corners . Pitts would be an awesome get with out other skill position players.

Maybe if the Panthers used unis that incorporated the opponents' colors, Darnold would think they are opponents and have fewer turnovers. He's been a turnover machine from his time at USC through the NFL.

I would really like to get BPA at #8, and agree with those who have pointed out what a gift all these QBs going in the top five is. But I am also rooting hard for Sewell and think it would be reasonable to go o-line in the first 3 rounds. #buildthewall

Back