• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

So you turned 6 picks in the top 9 of the first 6 rounds and a 6th round comp into 8 picks in the top 12 of the first 6 rounds, 3rd and 6th comps, and two future 1st? All without giving up the #8 pick?

If a real GM did something like that on draft day, they'd be considered some sort of savant.

So you turned 6 picks in the top 9 of the first 6 rounds and a 6th round comp into 8 picks in the top 12 of the first 6 rounds, 3rd and 6th comps, and two future 1st? All without giving up the #8 pick?

If a real GM did something like that on draft day, they'd be considered some sort of savant.

I think the two future firsts are just there to say I didn't trade them away. I definitely didn't pick up any extra 2022 or 2023 picks

OK. That makes sense. That's still some crazy draft voodoo. Seems fun though.

I really hope we don't take a RB. Bonnafon and Cannon are decent enough options and shouldn't play that much. If CMC gets injured again, there will probably be some better option sitting on his couch or we can trade a late pick or considerations for a decent backup.

I'd much rather take a flyer on a OL, DE, or LB with those 6th rounders.

But yeah, program isn't realistic at all. One and done for me.

Miami traded the farm to mov up to #2 and select Sewell, giving up twice as much as when they moved down from #3.

Leatherwood in the 2nd would be incredible. Former #1 offensive lineman in his class and a solid career at Alabama.

I'd be very happy with Sewell and Leatherwood in the 1st and 2nd with a TE in the 3rd or 4th and OL in the 6th.

Leatherwood in the 2nd would be incredible. Former #1 offensive lineman in his class and a solid career at Alabama.

I don't like Leatherwood as a LT. He's a good run blocker, though, and will probably be better at G.

Ph, it's not a good TE draft after Pitts. I wonder if a couple teams take 2 of those 6'4", 220+ day 3 WRs and try to make TEs out of them.

TE seems like one of those positions where there's usually a few productive players on Day 2 and maybe early Day 3.

TE seems like one of those positions where there's usually a few productive players on Day 2 and maybe early Day 3.

Colleges are strange about how they use tight ends. Hence, there are players who become good pros who did little in college.

D526754.jpg

Kiper's new mock has the Panthers taking Devonta Smith with the 8th pick, which seems like something that is absolutely not happening.

We think they’re taking Pitts, Sewell, or Slater.

National experts think they’re taking Surtain, Smith, or even a QB.

Either we don’t know the franchise or they don’t. I think the fanbase will be beyond pissed if we pass on a LT or generational TE.

Kiper's new mock has the Panthers taking Devonta Smith with the 8th pick, which seems like something that is absolutely not happening.

Yeah, you have 2 good WRs, and your needs are D and LT. If there isn't a good offer to trade back, you take Sewell if he's there and Slater if he's not. The only defender that should be of consideration in the top 10 is Parsons.

I still like the idea of getting a decent haul if NE wants to come into the top 10 to get a QB. Trouble with that is you could miss out on Darrisaw, but there would be a CB of value there.

i still do not like the idea of drafting a TE. too many other holes that aren't skill players.

I think this is a trade back year unless a QB drops to us and we pull the trigger

Obvious, but trading back requires a team that wants to trade up. Not sure why a team would trade up to our slot unless the QB they want falls and they think he'll be gone when they draft. Otherwise, they'd be moving up to be in the same quandry we're likely to be in with lots of really good options, but no obvious, can't miss, selection. IOW, is someone really going to move up 6 spots so they can draft Surtain instead of Horn, and give up a second round pick to do so ?

Obvious, but trading back requires a team that wants to trade up. Not sure why a team would trade up to our slot unless the QB they want falls and they think he'll be gone when they draft. Otherwise, they'd be moving up to be in the same quandry we're likely to be in with lots of really good options, but no obvious, can't miss, selection. IOW, is someone really going to move up 6 spots so they can draft Surtain instead of Horn, and give up a second round pick to do so ?

This. Trading down seems like a great idea but it’s harder to do than people think.

I’m guessing Fields and Lance will both be available at our pick and someone will trade up to nab one in front of Denver

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Our QB Sam Darnold

I’m guessing Fields and Lance will both be available at our pick and someone will trade up to nab one in front of Denver

And if that happens, it’s probably because Pitts and Sewell are off the board at 8. If the staff thinks they can get Slater lower or feel he and Darrisaw are even, then sure drop down.

CBS has one of the strangest Panthers mocks. They have a mock trade with WFT dropping down to 19 to take a CB for a 3rd rounder and next year’s 2nd. That’s ridiculous.

Back