Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Our QB Sam Darnold

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Would you give up Brown, Burns, DJ, and CMC for Watson? Maybe not.

But would you have given up KB, Shaq, Butler, and CMC for Watson? Hell yeah.

It all comes down to the quality of the picks and you don't know what that's going to be until years down the road.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    but is Watson actually a top 5 QB?

(I think he is)
    He absolutely is. The elite QBs in this order are Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson.

Is Watson getting overrated in the trade hype? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Who is currently better than him other than Mahomes, Rodgers and maybe Wilson?

Watson is so easily a top 5 QB, how is this even a discussion? He's probably top 3 and because of age, would be #2 off the board in a full NFL redraft, only behind Mahomes.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    LOL. A player as good as Watson has never been traded. That's why Houston is doing everything possible not to trade him.

CSR had a piece suggesting Gerald Everett as a potential TE for 3 years, $15M. The third or fourth tier TE market should pretty open for us to get a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by piratedeac92 View Post
    Word on the street is that panthers are willing to give up 3 1st rd pks and McCaffrey for Watson. Are they out of their damn minds?
    Seems like a fair trade to me. Do it Tepper.

June Jones' contrarian opinion of this year's college QBs
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-dra...205523234.html

Did June Jones pay for that article as an ad for his coaching videos?

predicting all 32 starters, has us with Watson (at least according to what I saw on Twitter, I don't have ESPN+)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...ts-bears-colts

I've been on record forecasting Watson to Miami, but recently my tenor has changed with more support from the Dolphins for Tua Tagovailoa and the Panthers' previous aggressive pursuit of Matthew Stafford. Carolina's roster on defense took shape relatively quickly in 2020, opening its window to be aggressive sooner. New GM Scott Fitterer has the eighth pick as one of his chips to play in a deal to acquire Watson.

Houston has no interest in trading him away right now, but we know this has already been ugly. If you ultimately trade away a franchise quarterback, moving him to a team you play once every four years is preferred to an in-conference foe (assuming the offers are comparable).

^ from field Yates. I am officially 6 to midnight

Does feel like there’s momentum. And it just makes so much sense. I can see us being one of the teams he would not rule out, which is part of the battle right there.

like I've said just promise him a preseason game or 2 at Clemson

Promise him he doesn’t have to play preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Promise him he doesn’t have to play preseason games.
    well just have one at Clemson, have him start and do one handoff then come off the field to a standing ovation. it's South Carolina so will probably be full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    I've been on record forecasting Watson to Miami, but recently my tenor has changed with more support from the Dolphins for Tua Tagovailoa and the Panthers' previous aggressive pursuit of Matthew Stafford. Carolina's roster on defense took shape relatively quickly in 2020, opening its window to be aggressive sooner. New GM Scott Fitterer has the eighth pick as one of his chips to play in a deal to acquire Watson.

Houston has no interest in trading him away right now, but we know this has already been ugly. If you ultimately trade away a franchise quarterback, moving him to a team you play once every four years is preferred to an in-conference foe (assuming the offers are comparable).
    Excellent. David Tepper got my e-mails and is going to swing for the fences. He's allowed to put his brass balls back on his desk when this happens.

Wentz is off the market. To the Colts for a 3rd and next year conditional 2nd. Good news all around.

In this mock, Panthers take Lance and he studies under Teddy
    https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/02/...ock-draft-1-0/

Just get us Watson oneeeee timeeeeeee