• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Taking Lance would make signing a quality TE out of FA even more important.

Has Bridgewater ever really utilized a TE? His medium range skill set leads me to think it would really help him out, but I can't remember if he's ever taken advantage of one.

Last edited:
In this mock, Panthers take Lance and he studies under Teddy
https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/02/mike-taglieres-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/

Most everyone's mocks have Atlanta taking Fields. Ryan has a close to an untradable contract. If Ryan is going to be around another year or 2, I'm not sure that it makes sense to draft a QB when they have holes all over the place. Add to that I'm not entirely sure Fields is the #3 QB after watching the Bama, NW and Indiana games. And with Lantz essentially not playing last year, I really don't know who I'd take between Fields, Lantz and Jones. And you could well have that choice at 8 because Detroit is going to give Goff a year or 2 and otherwise repair their many holes. If I'm Atlanta I take Sewell or Chase. (This assumes you don't land Watson.)

so if you're Houston, when do you try and move him? if you wait too long people will start making other plans and the market will shrink, right? like if they try and call his bluff and he sits out the price is going to go waaay down, no?

I don't think he loses any value until after the draft

This. They have to move him by the time teams start selecting in round 1. But to maximize the number of interested trading partners, you probably should trade him before the start of FA because some teams won't have the cap space for him after signing a few FAs. So my guess on the timing is right before FA begins.

I don't think he loses value after the draft but teams will have less to offer and Houston wouldn't have been able to participate in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I agree that they should to trade before FA starts on March 17. It's likely they'll screw up and wait until the draft which would result in getting less and teams fall in love with players after investing time in scouting the first round.

Panthers cutting Tre Boston.

Defensive end Stephen Weatherly and punter Michael Palardy released.

clearing room for Watson and Malik Hooker

i wonder if we cut Paradis as well

he stinks!

Not Kiper but another ESPN guy (McShay?) was projecting the same thing, but trading up to 3 to get him...

I don't think you're going to have to trade up for a QB not named Wilson. Detroit ain't going QB in the 1st, and why would Philly recreate another QB controversy when their roster has holes, and they'll be cutting more players to get under the cap. Atlanta is a question, but if they're not unloading Ryan this year, I think they take Chase or Sewell or trade back. If you miss out on Watson, I think you have your choice of at least 2 of Fields, Lance and Jones.

If you miss out on Watson, I think you have your choice of at least 2 of Fields, Lance and Jones.

I don't think this is a case of "1 and 1A or 1B" here. This is the direction of the franchise for a decade.

Back