Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Our QB Sam Darnold

Who knows if it was if his own volition, but that camper issued an apology.

Real fork in the road for that kid and what type of attitude he wants to take with him through life. You can build a wall around yourself, or learn from those with something to offer who are trying to help you.

Yeah, I think Cam spoke with him 1-on-1 later, and that along with Twitter rants against him made him see the light. He called it a "miscommunication."

Panthers now #7 in cap space
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...183740089.html

I read we may re-sign KK Short if he does not get offers. There is a whole second tier of players who will be victims to smaller salary cap this year. Many released players will sign or re-sign for less.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Letting Cam go was the right long term move. But in hindsight, thereís not much difference in what either did at the beginning or end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Letting Cam go was the right long term move. But in hindsight, thereís not much difference in what either did at the beginning or end of the season.
    This.

I stand by that Iíd rather lose with Cam than go 8-8 with Teddy or Mitch.

Also, glad the kid said he was in the wrong. Cam is a former MVP taking his own time to coach and mentor kids. Kid took it too far making the chirps personal but glad Cam talked it out with him and the kid apologized.

Anyone that hates cam can get fucked

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Yeah, Grier is the obvious scapegoat here.
    I mean he kinda is - or i guess more specifically the rubes that thought he was 3rd round talent

Picking Grier was the first attempt to address the QB situation long term. It was a poor decision and ultimately a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Anyone that hates cam can get fucked
    yep

Another potentially intriguing long term draft option could be David Mills from Stanford. I've never seen him, but the PFF guys were talking him up. He hasn't played a full college season but was a 4 or 5* recruit and has all the physical tools that you're looking for, and he'll probably go in the 3rd or 4th round, which is likely later than Mond or Trask. He could make sense if you end up using a Dalton or Alex Smith as a short term option. I certainly wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on Mond or Trask.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Another potentially intriguing long term draft option could be David Mills from Stanford. I've never seen him, but the PFF guys were talking him up. He hasn't played a full college season but was a 4 or 5* recruit and has all the physical tools that you're looking for, and he'll probably go in the 3rd or 4th round, which is likely later than Mond or Trask. He could make sense if you end up using a Dalton or Alex Smith as a short term option. I certainly wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on Mond or Trask.
    I think there are names of five guys in this post who will not be on the Panthers roster this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    This.

I stand by that Iíd rather lose with Cam than go 8-8 with Teddy or Mitch.
    For how long? One season to improve draft position?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    For how long? One season to improve draft position?
    Yeah, sure. Until we find a franchise QB.

One of the draft sites today is saying NYJ are leaning toward keeping Darnold and auctioning off the #2 pick to the highest bidder. That could be your gateway to Wilson.

Nah. Outbidding for Wilson would likely involve #8, #39, 2022 1st, and a later round pick. Outbidding for Watson would likely involve a player and 1st on top of that. So just go get Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    your
    cville, at this point you need to realize you just might be one of us. We can be your NFC team. Embrace your inner Panther

Officially unofficial: moving on from Teddy
    https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-re...130003123.html

Not something you say about a QB who could be part of a trade package.

Read that and tell me this franchise didnít fuck up the QB situation. Now the word is that Teddy wasnít physically capable when we signed him.

Get ready for the Mitch show

Myself, I don't count a QB's goal line sneak ability as not "physically capable" to perform the job, but the article did not mention anything else. Can Teddy make his throws?