• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Cville - Wilson’s agent said that there are four teams he’d accept a trade to. Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, and New Orleans. I don’t think his age is too much of a hindrance when we have guys playing at a high level until they’re 40+.

Cville - Wilson’s agent said that there are four teams he’d accept a trade to. Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, and New Orleans. I don’t think his age is too much of a hindrance when we have guys playing at a high level until they’re 40+.

Not saying Wilson isn't great, but if I'm a team making offers to Houston and Seattle, I'm offering a bit more to Houston than I am to Seattle for 2 reasons. First, age - you could have Watson for over a decade. Second, and maybe it's just me, but Watson comes off as a better dude. You've never heard a peep out of him until now, and from what everyone has said, he's a great teammate. Wilson and his wife have that power couple vibe, he wants more say within the organization and has indirectly thrown teammates under the bus. There is a lot more to massage with someone who is high maintenance.

Interesting list.

Interesting list.

Yeah, I can see being interested in Chicago next year when they get a new coach and GM but not this year. NO is $70mil over the cap and can't afford him. As for LV, he wants to have input and play for Gruden? Dallas could make sense with a 1 for 1 QB trade but only if Dak signs a long term deal with Seattle. But why would you want to play with Dallas' dysfunction? If I were him, Den, Car, Mia and maybe even NYJ (b/c of the new coach and GM) would be more logical destinations.

The Saints will move some pocket change around and get Russ and he’ll torment the NFC South.

QB position is "over drafted"
https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...st-round-not-carolina-panthers-preferred-plan

Kiper has Panthers taking Jones at #8.

Yeah, there is risk, but drafting a QB later rarely results in getting a legit starting QB. For every Brady, Wilson or Dak, there is also way more trash in mid to late rounds. And getting someone else's failed reclamation project sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, but it rarely results prolonged success for that QB. I think Wentz could be an exception to that rule, though I don't see Darnold setting the world on fire for another team. At best, I think he could become an average starter, say somewhere in the 15-25 range.

At least one of these top QBs besides Lawrence is going to be good and unless we get him or Watson, we will regret not drafting him. That’s the harsh reality.

What to expect from Fitterer drafts
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/10-years-seahawks-drafts-tell-133031577.html

It is not uncommon for their to be several influences in the draft room. The article tries, but admits its limitations, to determine whether Seattle's draft success/failure is due to Fitterer, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, or Scot McCloughan. Seems to give McCloughan a lot of credit; Carroll a lot of blame.

In general, two great drafts in 2011 and 2012. Drafted RB's and OL often and poorly. Often traded 1st round pick. Drafted good WR's lately. Drafted a lot of LB's and DT's, even when not in need, with mixed results. So if we trade McCaffery, then built in to that trade is 3-4 draft picks trying (and failing) to replace him.

I know the board loves trading for Watson or Wilson, but my fear is that their cap hit and draft capital to acquire is too steep for us to build a team around them. The Panthers have too many holes to fill. I say draft Jones at #8, and build a team around him with draft picks and cap space. I think that is the better % play to have a good team. I am afraid of becoming the Dallas Cowboys - a team with offensive stars that cannot afford a good defense, or today's Seahawks that can't block for their QB or RB.

Yeah, there is buzz now he's going to be drafted before Lance. His negatives are not much mobility and not elite arm strength. But he's smart, accurate, had the best senior bowl week of all the QBs and has a higher floor than Lance or Fields. I can see him being the 3rd QB off the board because it's hard to unsee Fields' games against NWern, Indiana and Bama.

I wouldn't take Lance with the last pick in the draft unless I knew I could trade him for a dozen used jock straps.

Pretty basic analysis here. There is an interesting tidbit that the Niners have inquired about trading for Teddy to back up Garoppollo.

Carolina Panthers offseason QB plan: Trade for Deshaun Watson, flip Teddy Bridgewater … draft Zach Wilson? https://theathletic.com/2415715/202...son-flip-teddy-bridgewater-draft-zach-wilson/

Trading up costs way too much for such uncertainty in a young QB. I think it’s Watson, Teddy, Teddy and Lance, or other mediocre veteran in that order.

Vikings cut Kyle Rudolph. Could be a decent veteran pickup.

Thought the same thing when I read that tweet. Wouldnt be surprised if we pursued him.

Back