• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Not something you say about a QB who could be part of a trade package.

Read that and tell me this franchise didn’t fuck up the QB situation. Now the word is that Teddy wasn’t physically capable when we signed him.

From the get go, I said I understood releasing Cam but disagreed hard with signing Teddy. I was advocating to tank this whole season to get that top pick. Agreed with the first step, hated the step that followed. And here we are. Would've saved a lot of money, lost more games, and had a quarterback of the future.

i told you guys there was no way teddy was coming back after all the public shit talking about him

the teddy deal was just one year too long, and i think most of us expected a 2-year rebuild

we nailed the draft and rhule can coach and now tep-dawg is impatient to dump teddy a year early and get on with being a contender

Which QBs are going to want to come to a franchise that unceremoniously dumped Cam and shit talked Teddy B?

Which QBs are going to want to come to a franchise that unceremoniously dumped Cam and shit talked Teddy B?

tenor.gif

One of the draft sites today is saying NYJ are leaning toward keeping Darnold and auctioning off the #2 pick to the highest bidder. That could be your gateway to Wilson.

They should - Wilson is shorter version of Darnold.

Not something you say about a QB who could be part of a trade package.

Read that and tell me this franchise didn’t fuck up the QB situation. Now the word is that Teddy wasn’t physically capable when we signed him.

Bizarre.

Myself, I don't count a QB's goal line sneak ability as not "physically capable" to perform the job, but the article did not mention anything else. Can Teddy make his throws?

He can make throws 6 yards down the field. But not much beyond that. That's always been the book on Teddy. Good guy, knows the game through and through, but backup level talent.

He can make throws 6 yards down the field. But not much beyond that. That's always been the book on Teddy. Good guy, knows the game through and through, but backup level talent.

has there ever been a good QB who wears two gloves? I think Brady and Peyton did the single, non throwing hand glove occasionally, but Teddy has always been 2.

I'm not sold on Zach Wilson. If Trey Lance is sitting there at 8, do the Panthers take him? I haven't seen Lance play enough to know that he is any good.

They should - Wilson is shorter version of Darnold.

Nah, I like Wilson coming out way more than I did Darnold. Darnold was a TO machine at USC.

Ph, you have raised the issue I have with Tepper and Rhule. This organization rode on Cam's shoulders for the better part of a decade, and he took them to a SB. For everything he did for the team and city, they treated him like shit by not cutting him sooner, and they could have had a little pomp and circumstance thanking him for all that he did. And while Teddy is not a legit starting QB at this point, he's always been a decent guy. There is no reason to shit on him the way the team has. Look to Lynch and Shanahan in SF as to the correct way to maybe having discreet trade negotiations going on behind the scene.

The other shoe that has fallen today has been how unhappy Russell Wilson is with Seattle. It's starting to sound like a trade for him is more of a distinct possibility. Given his age and contract, he should come a bit cheaper than Watson. And speaking of Watson, I'm starting to think Houston is going to mess that up. His maximum trade value is right now and up until the beginning of FA, and you gotta do it before the draft. They could end up pulling a Daniel Snyder with the way he blew the Trent Williams trade situation.

I'm not sold on Zach Wilson. If Trey Lance is sitting there at 8, do the Panthers take him? I haven't seen Lance play enough to know that he is any good.

Wilson is legit and will be the #2 pick, either for NYJ, Hou or Sea. As for Lance, I loved his highlight reel, and his arm and legs are impressive, but like Mac Jones, he's only play 17 college games (and not against SEC or B-10 competition). I think the ideal for drafting him would be to also bring in Tyrod Taylor and have him sit behind Tyrod for a while. Tyrod is a good guy with a great work ethic to learn under.

Only problem I see with drafting Lance is you’d likely not want to start him right away and before shitting on him publicly you could have asked Bridgewater to stay on and be the bridge QB next season. Now he probably has no interest in that. The way the front office has handled this almost necessitates getting a QB ready to start Week 1 not named Teddy Bridgewater

There’s not much difference between Tyrod and Teddy in terms of what you’re going to get. Sticking with Teddy and drafting a young guy was a fine backup option and they are blowing that up.

Tyrod would be a better mentor for Lance because he has a similar skill set. That way you wouldn't have to have 2 offenses for 2 very different QBs. That's why the Ravens decided when they drafted LJ8 that if you're going to start a running QB, you're going to have 3 running QBs on the roster.

Back