• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

We got 2 extra 6th round comp picks

newman.png

We got 2 extra 6th round comp picks

That's great news. Every bit of flexibility counts.

Restructured CMC and Shaq to get $11M more under the cap.

LS JJ Jansen signed a 1-year deal. Hasn't had a bad snap since 2010. He's made $11.3M in his career. Not bad at all.

Is Watson’s price staying the same as we enter free agency or does it go down through FA as we get closer to the draft?

well we got 2 more 6th round picks that we can throw in the mix for Watson!

Is Watson’s price staying the same as we enter free agency or does it go down through FA as we get closer to the draft?
Maybe in drops a little as more teams figure out their QB situations. But it's still going to be very high.

Highlights from Rhule's presser
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/7-takeaways-carolina-panthers-coach-191611569.html

For whatever it's worth, Rhule says he'd love to see Samuel back but says we'll see how it plays out. Samuel's projected market value according to Spotrac is $12.4 million per season, but we're willing to bet he can command more than that on the open market, so it may be tough to keep him.
Like we suspected, he's gone.

Downplaying tensions with Teddy Bridgewater.
Trying to restore his trade value? Deciding to give Teddy another year?

...the team will either sign or draft a tight end this year who can add more in the passing game. If it's in the draft, it sounds like Rhule isn't a big fan of the idea of taking one in the first round.
So, no Pitts.

Rhule told reporters that the team's defensive coordinator Phil Snow will likely continue using both three and four-man defensive line fronts based on the personnel they have.
I can't recall the another team that went both 4-3 and 3-4.

In order to get back to being a playoff contender, Carolina needs to fill out its depth at several important positions, not just quarterback. For now, that should be the priority, followed by left tackle and cornerback.
Sounds like another year with Teddy while we fill other holes. If Teddy plays well, we trade him and picks for QB next year? Or we're signing a FA QB on the rebound like Cousins or Minchew?

Maybe the DL is just whether or not Burns is standing up or in a stance.

Maybe in drops a little as more teams figure out their QB situations. But it's still going to be very high.

I agree it drops a little after FA starts. More than that, it could limit Houston's trading partners because a couple of potential partners have already spent too much FA money. The price drops precipitously after the draft, and Watson is probably a Texan for 2021. And I bet he makes good on his promise to sit out. And if that happens, Houston becomes the biggest dumpster fire in the history of American sports. They're already the current biggest dumpster fire of the big 4 sports.

Houston sports have had a tough go over the last two years.

Nice suit.

The ceremony for Greg and TD is happening now.

Any chance Olsen is a HOFer? First TE with 3-straight 1000-yard seasons. Not sure about TD, but he was the Payton MOY.

He should be close at least.

He's killing this speech. I'd love to see him give a HOF speech.

Now it kind of sticks out that Ryan Kalil didn't get a big retirement ceremony.

I assume he'll get his Hall of Honor celebration soon enough though.

Now it kind of sticks out that Ryan Kalil didn't get a big retirement ceremony.

I assume he'll get his Hall of Honor celebration soon enough though.

they just wanna make sure Bad Kalil doesn't come back in the building

Was just popping in to post this, Panthers flew the whole damn organization out to Lance's pro day and apparently he's balling out.

This is just a power play to force the Texans to accept less for Watson.

Back