• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The defensive signings today look promising. Two DL and MLB. Seems to indicate we won’t go DL in the draft.

LB Denzel Perryman will replace Tahir Whitehead at MLB. He’s only 5’11, but is a former second round draft pick out of Miami. Only had 48 tackles in 13 games last year.

There’s a good Athletic article with quotes from
Jon Beason praising Perryman.

But don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to get rid of one of Rhule's second rate Temple guys.

maybe the texans are trying to scare away other teams from being interested at all

It could be, and if it is, it's a self pwning move because Watson will sit out the season, and they will have gotten nothing for him. He had more value last week than he was ever going to have. Now that Buzbee has said he's filing 6 suits and that the 1 dropping today will be the most salacious, there is some fire with this smoke. Flying in masseuses you don't know to work on you in a hotel room is an inherently dangerous activity when 1 is worth the kind of change he's worth, especially considering they're going to be working on muscles like glutes and hamstrings. Buzbee is going to be milking this thing in the media for all it's worth. And considering his connections to the team, maybe they'd rather destroy him than get the highest return they can get in a trade. And it's not like these issues will be gone by next offseason. In all likelihood, they'll be gearing up for trial, so it will still be in the news, again making his value much lower than it was this time last week.

But don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to get rid of one of Rhule's second rate Temple guys.

That's not fair to Reddick. He had a breakout year last year when Arizona moved him back to his more natural position. I think this was a solid signing for a good price.

Pretty sure he was talking about Whitehead who sucked at MLB last year.

So how do we feel about getting Deshaun in light of the lawsuits? Not sure I could pull for him if true.

But yeah, I'd say the trade is on hold for now. You have to let this play out...

The Texans just released Darren Fells. If we got DeShaun could be a good TE to pick up. But yeah, very leery about it rn. I say we just roll the dice on Lance and keep the picks.

I did enjoy Watson's prepared statement on twitter that twice refers to the "plaintiff's lawyer." Obvious choice to go after the lawyer rather than the alleged victim in the Me-Too era.

Depends on if he's innocent or guilty...

Which we'll never know because no criminal charges were filed. And I doubt Buzbee is going to make his clients available to the NFL or any team investigating to do their due diligence, so the NFL is not likely going to be able to make a determination. With 3 more of these suits to slowly roll out, that's probably enough to prevent a trade before this year's draft. Only Chicago would be desperate enough to make a move now.

I think it's highly likely the Texans brass knew about Desean's penchant for these type of encounters, and after he publicly spurned them this Winter, some information found its way to a certain high profile attorney as to how he could locate some victims as retaliation for spurning the team. This has seedy written all over it for both Watson and the team. Maybe Bob Kraft will trade for him, or at least compare notes.

Based on what’s out there now, this is the type of thing where a team releases the guy, he has an “uncertain” future, and another team gives him a “second chance” after some cool off period.

Based on what’s out there now, this is the type of thing where a team releases the guy, he has an “uncertain” future, and another team gives him a “second chance” after some cool off period.

so the Pats will be signing him, in other words

That would be the ultimate in self-pwning - that the Texans retaliation against Watson made them cut him.

I mean, if you're a football player and you want a massage, you get 1 at the facility, or if it's off hours, you go to a parlor, right? You don't pay to fly in female masseuses from other cities and meet them at hotels where you've gotten a room. Now I haven't been to a massage parlor, but I'm guessing most are legit places where you go get a massage. But I'm guessing there are other parlors where you can pay more for endings that would make you happier, ala Bob Kraft. And I'm guessing there are also similar massage services where you could arrange to meet someone at a discreet location. If Watson is flying women in, it's because he's looking for a happier kind of massage. Then a few months after a female masseuse performed 1 of these services, she gets a call from a high profile attorney asking her if she ever performed massage services for Watson because he's representing female masseuses who believe Watson went too far with their massages and that she can recoup serious damages from him because he is a wealthy man. And btw, when we file suit on these victims' behalf we'll use a Jane Doe name.

Is it really that hard to get your dong played with as an NFL football player?

Also, 0% chance the Texans cut him. Less than 0%, tbh.

Back