• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

You asked why the Broncos would do that. I explained why the Broncos would do that. You took issue with my explanation based on what you think the Panthers would do.

Would the Panthers take the #15 pick and next year's 1st from the Patriots? Maybe. If the Broncos want to make sure that doesn't happen, they'd probably offer their 3rd or 4th to drop one spot.

This is the correct thinking, paranoia another team will jump you even if it’s one pick. However in this scenario for a team that’s not winning right now and rebuilding if someone offers you to trade back 8 spots and their first next year you immediately take it.

This is the correct thinking, paranoia another team will jump you even if it’s one pick. However in this scenario for a team that’s not winning right now and rebuilding if someone offers you to trade back 8 spots and their first next year you immediately take it.

Ehh if Sewell or Pitts is on the board I don’t think I’m taking that. If they’re gone then sure.

To play devil's advocate (and as an tOSU/Fields shill) what in the world would put Darnold above Fields or Wilson? It's not like he has some sort of superior arm talent/athleticism and he had 42 turnovers in two years on a pretty stacked USC offense.

Because Darnold played his college career in a normal year against normal defenses to use as a frame of reference. No way am I taking a 1-year wonder that occurred during a season when most teams’ personnel differed significantly from week to week. Everything about this season was tainted and suspect. Wilson may end up being fine, but when evaluating on collegiate performance Darnold at least can be viewed relative to a normal standard, under which he was viewed towards the top in a strong class.

And Fields will suck ass in the NFL because he is a tOSU QB, like every single other tOSU system QB before him who has sucked ass. You can say that the past does not dictate the future, but I’m going with the 100 years of solid precedent until it changes. They keep getting drafted, and they keep sucking ass. The only interesting aspect of Fields’ career will be where he falls on the over/under set by Haskins as to how long before he is out of the league.

Because Darnold played his college career in a normal year against normal defenses to use as a frame of reference. No way am I taking a 1-year wonder that occurred during a season when most teams’ personnel differed significantly from week to week. Everything about this season was tainted and suspect. Wilson may end up being fine, but when evaluating on collegiate performance Darnold at least can be viewed relative to a normal standard, under which he was viewed towards the top in a strong class.

And Fields will suck ass in the NFL because he is a tOSU QB, like every single other tOSU system QB before him who has sucked ass. You can say that the past does not dictate the future, but I’m going with the 100 years of solid precedent until it changes. They keep getting drafted, and they keep sucking ass. The only interesting aspect of Fields’ career will be where he falls on the over/under set by Haskins as to how long before he is out of the league.

Fair take. The PAC 12 is notorious for elite defenses after all. And turnovers are basically successful completions, just to the other team.

Fields had splinters in his ass because of Jake Fromm. Pass.

My "source" won't call me back. lol

Yeah, Watson is too toxic and his legal situation won't be resolved till next offseason. He could even go on the commissioner's exempt list. I still think Tepper is making a mistake by refusing to look at a rookie. Lance and Fields have more potential than Darnold, and you could have gotten Tyrod before Houston to be the bridge/mentor. But it sounds like most of the ESPN talking heads like Darnold better than Wilson, so maybe they're right.

Each team's worst FA signing
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...orst-free-agent-signing-of-the-2021-offseason

The Erving signing doesn't make a great deal of sense, however, as Carolina ponied up $10 million over the next two years to acquire the former New York Jet. That's quite a large contract for a player PFF graded as the absolute worst of the 151 offensive linemen who have played at least 1,500 snaps since the start of the 2018 season.

So we got a Jet QB and a Jet OL to protect him. They go with a former Jet WR last year. Hmmmm.....
I don't think getting Jets scraps makes the team better. We all know Jets means Just End The Season.

Each team's worst FA signing
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...orst-free-agent-signing-of-the-2021-offseason

So we got a Jet QB and a Jet OL to protect him. They go with a former Jet WR last year. Hmmmm.....
I don't think getting Jets scraps makes the team better. We all know Jets means Just End The Season.

Yeah, but the Bills take our scraps and have improved significantly. Hell WFT won the NFC Least with the same strategy.

The best explanation for the Erving signing that I saw is the salary cap is going to go up significantly next year, so anybody on a reasonable 2 year deal is a steal. He's played all five positions. He's probably just going to be a rotation guy. If he starts, then we have a starting OL for cheap.

Fair take. The PAC 12 is notorious for elite defenses after all. And turnovers are basically successful completions, just to the other team.

So you want to compare the performance of USC QBs in the NFL to the performance of tOSU QBs in the NFL? Seems smart.

Back