• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF at FSU : Noon Saturday -- RSN

I really like Hamilton as a coach, but I'm baffled why he isn't having his team press us after every made basket. They are deeper, more athletic, and we've proven that we turn the ball over. The half-press full court pickup that he's doing is not the same and isn't really impacting our ability to bring the ball up.

What I don't understand is why his press doesn't have traps in it.

feels like we are playing well but fsu is just making everything

Yeah this. We are in this if we could get a cold streak from them, but they keep hitting everything. Off-balance step-back 3, sure. Near steal loose ball kicks back for a dunk.

What I don't understand is why his press doesn't have traps in it.

Yes, that's what I meant. Picking up full court doesn't matter if there aren't any traps. It's the traps that kill us every game.

Forbes not looking good on the Antonio decision.

Woof. We literally have no player who would start on an ACC team and maybe, maybe 2 players who would get meaningful minutes. Crazy how big a hole we have dug ourselves these last 10 years. Going to take Forbes at least two years to make us relevant again and that’s only if he can bring in some studs next year.

Antonio 3-4 from 3 in the 2nd half. He should play the rest of the half except to give him a blow to rest his arms.

Yes, that's what I meant. Picking up full court doesn't matter if there aren't any traps. It's the traps that kill us every game.

Thank goodness it doesn't. These guys are 41-3 in their last 44 ACC home games and we are down 7. Offensive pressure from Jonas. Expect Barnes on him next.

Antonio 3-4 from 3 in the 2nd half. He should play the rest of the half except to give him a blow to rest his arms.

When you're this hot, you don't get tired. Hell, if he stays this hot, he'd be pissed there isn't another game to play after the buzzer.

Woof. We literally have no player who would start on an ACC team and maybe, maybe 2 players who would get meaningful minutes. Crazy how big a hole we have dug ourselves these last 10 years. Going to take Forbes at least two years to make us relevant again and that’s only if he can bring in some studs next year.

Given what Forbes has done with this crew, to be semi-relevant he just needs a couple decent pieces to get us to the middle.

Did Massoud have all his season's worth of offense in one game?

Dare I say ‘this game ain’t over yet’

Check out the recruiting thread. The cavalry is coming.

Back