• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF at FSU : Noon Saturday -- RSN

I, for one, thought that we would get blown out by a darn good FSU team. We played well, had a chance to win. So, things are way better!

May get slammed, but IMHO with Ian back, we could be pretty good team if we had a reliable, consistent player at the 4.

Totally agree. Mucius and Massoud have been beyond disappointing. On the other hand, Ody and Eman (even Tariq for the short time he was able to play) have exceeded all expectations.

I think Forbes needs to start playing small ball with Johnson at the 4 more often.

Well, let's drive a stake through the heart of kaye and dooks NCAA chances on Wed.

Yep, have to turn the page from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory at f$u. Baby steps while Forbes rids us of a decade of suckitude and losing and teaches the team how to close out these games.

duck fook

Such a lazy take. Surprised? You must not have watched much or even this year. Every team has holes and our guys would be very good role players and some would start. Have you looked at starters for BC, UM, Syr, others.

Ohhhhhh, Sportsmed….

02-13-2021, 01:25 PM #109
Steve Lepore

Woof. We literally have no player who would start on an ACC team and maybe, maybe 2 players who would get meaningful minutes. Crazy how big a hole we have dug ourselves these last 10 years. Going to take Forbes at least two years to make us relevant again and that’s only if he can bring in some studs next year.

Are you referencing your above post 11 months ago where we had no ACC starters last year?
But somehow two of them are crucial starters on the 16-4 ACC current 5th place team, half game out of 1st!

Yeah, you pretty much discounted the fact that we didn’t have much talent on the roster last year and berated anyone who disagreed. Forbes cleaned house and we are competing again. Glad to see Daivien and Mucius playing the way they are, but yeah a lot of the team last year wouldn’t have gotten minutes on most ACC squads. Anyway, no idea why I’m even bothering with you. Your takes are some of the worst and that’s saying something because DCDeac posts here.

You actually said “we have no player who could start on an ACC team” yet we had 2 last year who are starters on this year’s 16-4 team. And I said we had ACC starters and role players.
Who discounted our talent? Maybe one time just forget to pull your chute

You actually said “we have no player who could start on an ACC team” yet we had 2 last year who are starters on this year’s 16-4 team. And I said we had ACC starters and role players.
Who discounted our talent? Maybe one time just forget to pull your chute

Two players don’t make up a team. I’m really glad Mucius and Daivien are playing with others who deserve to be out there. The point is that Forbes rebuilt the roster and you readily disagreed that this was something that needed to be done. Ok, that’s all. Hate you mean it

It was February of LAST year and you said we had no ACC players on that team and I was supporting guys who were players but obviously needed help. Own your egregious misevaluation of Mucius and Williamson. I am damn glad we have them this year as Starters. Peace out. You aren’t worth more comment a year later?

Odd flex to bump an 11-month old post that you were clearly and unequivocally wrong about, then try to take a victory lap over it

Odd flex to bump an 11-month old post that you were clearly and unequivocally wrong about, then try to take a victory lap over it

Agreed, it stunned me to see him dredge up a bad take from 11 months ago after DW had 19 against the Holes. Heck I thought I had my schedule wrong and we were playing FSU again this weekend. Forest Gump said it right “ stupid is as stupid does”

Mods, feel free to lock this thread from last year before the skydiver embarrasses himself more.

Sigh...

I'm going to calmly explain something. Daivien and Dubose were the two guys who I was referring to as being able to play meaningful minutes in the ACC (meaningful as in amount of time, not impact). Carter wasn't even in the discussion because he just graduated high school. No, I did not think we had ACC starters on our team last year. When I posted that, I 100% discounted Mucius's ability to contribute at a high level. I also thought we were asking him to do too much. I was 100% incorrect with him based on how he's playing this year and I'm happy to eat crow here. Re: Daivien, I wasn't dogging on him at all...I thought he was good, but 'not starter in the ACC' good but could play a lot of quality minutes for us. Glad to be wrong here on both...100% incorrect.

What you are missing, and maybe you'll own it, is that you argued *against* needing to revamp the roster. You thought we had enough good players to compete. I totally disagreed with you. So did Forbes because he gutted the roster...I mean, did you see who was on the team last year and who we had signed to come in this year? It was not good.

The point for even bringing this up is because you pretty much dismissed that we needed to turn the roster over (and you were a dick about it...let's be honest). Here we are a year later and FSU is #1 in conference and we gave them a big fat L with an almost completely reconstructed team from last year.

So yeah, totally wrong on Daivien and Mucius re: starting in the ACC...but we literally have a roster reconstruction thread a few spots above this one and it's something you argued against needing to do. That's it. I'm done. Go Deacs

i hate ruining threads with statements like this, but i'll be a hypocrite and say that these days, skydivingdeacon has got to be the worst poster on these here boards

Back