• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning's guys - Neath, Massoud, and Musius in first half vs. Fla. State

The change in Massoud's play appears to be a conscious effort to expand his offensive game and become proficient in the midrange and low post. This change is likely at the direction of the coaching staff. It's been a long time since we have seen the development of players and it can be ugly while they are developing. Have some patience. Ishmael has skills and if he keeps developing he could become an effective PF. Same process as Mucius develops. Mucius and Massoud combined are averaging 19 points and 8.9 rebounds in 45.6 minutes, decent production for a PF.

The change in Massoud's play appears to be a conscious effort to expand his offensive game and become proficient in the midrange and low post. This change is likely at the direction of the coaching staff. It's been a long time since we have seen the development of players and it can be ugly while they are developing. Have some patience. Ishmael has skills and if he keeps developing he could become an effective PF. Same process as Mucius develops. Mucius and Massoud combined are averaging 19 points and 8.9 rebounds in 45.6 minutes, decent production for a PF.

I would expect all players to become better all around players. That is what Forbes preaches and Massoud is a prefect candidate to put on some muscle and learn an inside game. A full year of practice and development under our boy Forbes will be a beautiful thing.

I would expect all players to become better all around players. That is what Forbes preaches and Massoud is a prefect candidate to put on some muscle and learn an inside game. A full year of practice and development under our boy Forbes will be a beautiful thing.

I'd rather see him be able to dribble even a little bit so he can be a balanced SF rather than fix the issues to make him a serviceable body at PF. He's garnered enough respect from 3 to where a pump fake and 2 dribble drive would be a real tool in his arsenal. The strength would help him finish those drives, but I think a lot of it is that he doesn't have the handles to do it without it getting stripped or him just losing it. Strength should be easy to add, but he's going to have to really work on ball handling.

Last edited:
I'd rather see him be able to dribble even a little bit so he can be a balanced SF rather than fix the issues to make him a serviceable body at PF. He's garnered enough respect from 3 to where a pump fake and 2 dribble drive would be a real tool in his arsenal. The strength would help him finish those drives, but I think a lot of it is that he doesn't have the handles to do it without it getting stripped or him just losing it. Strength should be easy to add, but he's going to have to really work on ball handling.

most definitely. every time he dribbles to the basket it is virtually a turnover. That is what I meant about an inside game, taking the ball inside off the dribble AND adding some muscle so he can finish. Should have been more clear.

Back