• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will DuBose and/or Antonio return next season?

DeacDownUnder

Reaction score
Give that last October the DI Council extended eligibility for winter sport student-athletes for an additional year, what are our chances of having both DuBose and Antonio return next season? Both would appeal to other suitors. Jonah could be promised more minutes and FG attempts elsewhere (and he certainly hasn't been averse to travel).

I doubt the prospect of another year of college on a fun yet mediocre team is more appealing than a paycheck in Europe but I’d love to see them back!

We will be better next year, and if Dubose plays a big part of that then he could get a G league contract. That may or may not appeal to him more than a year in Europe.

Antonio should be playing himself into a nice contract in the Aussie league. Unless he's on the Vann Wilder plan, I'd guess he's not coming back for a seventh year.

Agree that Antonio will go back home. However Jonah loves the coaches. Post game interview he described the staff as the best he's been around so who knows.

I think Dubose will return. Wake is his shot at the NBA. He is Wake's shot for a turnaround season. Everybody benefits.

If Dubose gets an offer from Europe or the G-League, he should go. At this time in NBA history, 6'5 SGs who don't rain threes are on the endangered species list.

DuBose is not an NBA player. He should come back to Wake and leverage the Childress pipeline to a lucrative European career.

I can't imagine Jonah coming back, there won't be enough shots for him next year at Wake.

From previous comments by Forbes, it seems Ian will return. Not sure about Jonah. Would love to have them both back though.

I'd love to have them both back too, although selfishly. But, if you're a grad transfer, shouldn't you be interested in finishing a two-year grad program on scholarship ? Or are you telling me the grad transfer program isn't really focused on earning an advanced degree ?

What is the standard there? Does anyone know if grad transfers are getting grad degrees?

What is the standard there? Does anyone know if grad transfers are getting grad degrees?

I think most do an MA in Liberal Studies or something like that where it’s basically just grad level Liberal Arts courses that they can easily finish in less than 2 years.

Maybe they could get a Masters in Communications.

Good to know we don’t have minutes for a guy that can hit 6-7 3’s a game. He should be a Blucas or LaRue type player next year.

He is. We just don’t have significantly better players around him.

Which will happen first for Antonio- finish college? Sign up for Social Security? :)

Hey, if he wants to hand out in college for another year, play ball and party, good for him! But I wouldn't expect.

If he has another game or two vaguely similar to yesterday, he might get better offers from European teams than from Aussies.

Blucas averaged 6 points a game as a senior starter playing 30 minutes a game. We need better than that.

LaRue got us 10 ppg as a senior, which is a lot better.

Well when you are down, say 13, it’s nice to have a guy that can drill threes. That was blucas, larue and Antonio. It’s not how much they averaged per game but that they could step up when needed.

My point is that Blucas wasn't really all that good.

Antonio reminds me more of Austin Arians that Rusty or Blucas or even Craig Dawson. Like Arians, Antonio is willing to mix it up for boards. Also like Arians, he seems to his hands on loose balls and tips rebounds that aren't his.

Still the best basketball Blucas story is about the Hollywood actors league. There was a league at Staples Center to get more entertainment industry involvement with the NBA. Marc showed up for the "tryouts/draft" in his Wake jersey (of course with his name on the back), but no one believed him. He slipped to almost the last pick. In his first game he scored 40 or more. Everyone was amazed.

Back