• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: The Rematch - Duke at WF - Wednesday 8:30 pm ACCN

Matthew Hurt would be a Top 3 pick in the NBA draft if he played against Wake every game.

Disappointing game but progress isn't always linear. This team ain't as good as they played in Tally and not as bad as they were tonight.

Listened to the pressor. Of course Forbes was no comment on the ejection, except that he was going to fight for his players and Wake Forest. Said what he said would be discussed with the ACC office.

It was a no call on Williamson right before the ejection that got him going.

When it's posted I'd like to know how many times he used the word 'physical' to describe what dook was doing. 'push us off our spots', move us on the screens.

He said playing physical is part of good defense, but I guess if you read between the lines he's saying 'but you have call some of the crap they are doing'.

Agree.

If ever there was a game to get tossed, it was that one. And Forbes putting refs on notice he’s not gonna sit there and take some of the BS going on in this league is ok w me.

Plus, about goddamn time we had a coach with some passion on the sideline. Decade of watching two guys stand there and look like they’re going through the motions. I like it.

Last edited:
I doubt Forbes can openly discuss the double T to the press without getting fined. It would appreciated if the facts be mentioned off the record to a little birdie named Les or Conor to be discreetly mentioned in passing on an unrelated thread.

He can afford to get fined. Discuss away please.

Don’t think it has ever happened at Wake Could be wrong. How many times in the acc?

Before my time but I'm sure Bones must have been tossed. I mean at one point they tied him to his chair to settle him down.

Don't recall any game where Gentleman Carl was ever tossed during my time at MSD. Therein, the nickname.

Besides the missed no call on Williamson just before the ejection, Forbes was really pissed at the poor defensive effort especially on Hurt and that had to play into his anger to get the double T's.

Don't recall any game where Gentleman Carl was ever tossed during my time at MSD. Therein, the nickname.

Besides the missed no call on Williamson just before the ejection, Forbes was really pissed at the poor defensive effort especially on Hurt and that had to play into his anger to get the double T's.

I don't think he expected a double T. Those are really rare.

Getting one T to get a team going is not that unusual and often works.

Of course the announcers are talking about how much better Duke is than their record. Um, no.

I am curious if a .500 or below .500 Duke squad can make the NCAAT?

You know they will find a way, if possible.

Also, there is no way guys like Mucius, Massoud, Jalen Johnson or Wilkins can hang with top 50 recruit from a christian school in Fayetteville, re-classified to get to Duke as early as possible, Joey Baker.

He is just too damn good.

I don't think he expected a double T. Those are really rare.

Getting one T to get a team going is not that unusual and often works.

That makes much more sense. Wake certainly needed a wake-up call to get them to play better defense, particularly on Hurt. And I suspect that Forbes was also calling out the refs for allowing the very physical Duke defense to occur without foul calls, while calling fouls when Wake tried to do similar. Maybe also trying to send a message that this was Wake Forest home court.

Let us hope the ACC reviews this situation thoroughly, to determine why the particular situation deserved the two technicals in rapid succession. Was Forbes behavior so egregious that it deserved two technicals in less than a minute? if not, what was the referee's justification for doing that? Or did we have refs over-reacting against Wake, ala Karl Hess.

Refs have been shitting on Wake vs. Duke for decades. Forbes is the first coach I can remember to stand up to the refs and get ejected for it. Good for him.

Exactly. I think Skip was almost there in the infamous Chris Paul game in Durham, but just need another Eff You or similar. He should maybe have thrown a chair or something.

Under .500 would require winning the ACCT.

I think you could be right if the end up ,500 or a game above. The committee from making excuses to let Duke in to training with the Olympic gymnastics team.

Odom had Childress out on the floor mocking Duke and talking junk, so that helped.

Along those lines, the week before Taylor King committed to Duke. An assistant coach from Mater Dei (who played in our game) had Taylor doing some drills on a court with no game going on. Jason and Taylor told me he was going to announce in a few days. I asked if I could do a drill with him. They agreed.

Taylor had a massive gym bag and a bunch of towels. I instructed him to put them on block/charge line and stand a step in front of them. Then, I took the ball at the top of the key, did a jab step at the free throw line and ordered him to "FALL DOWN".

Both looked at me strangely. Taylor asked why I told him to do that. It was simple, "You are going to Duke. You've got to learn to play D with your ass."

I could be totally making this up, but I wonder if some Covid protocols played a part in Forbes getting a double technical and being ejected. Not sure how close he got to the ref, if he had his mask half off, etc. but I would imagine there is less tolerance this season for coaches/players getting in the face of refs.

If ever there was a game to get tossed, it was that one. And Forbes putting refs on notice he’s not gonna sit there and take some of the BS going on in this league is ok w me.

Plus, about goddamn time we had a coach with some passion on the sideline. Decade of watching two guys stand there and look like they’re going through the motions. I like it.

Boy, if that isn't the truth! Love the passion of Coach Forbes.

I could be totally making this up, but I wonder if some Covid protocols played a part in Forbes getting a double technical and being ejected. Not sure how close he got to the ref, if he had his mask half off, etc. but I would imagine there is less tolerance this season for coaches/players getting in the face of refs.

Probably not. It is pretty automatic at every level when you go out on the floor after an official you will get the 2nd T. That makes it really obvious so everybody can see. It is one thing to keep barking after the first T and normally the guy giving the first gets away & doesn't give the 2nd one. But when a coach or player comes out after them--pretty automatic.

Woof. Duke is playing well and getting some calls for sure, but I’m watching this thinking we are smaller, slower and less talented at every position on the court than they are. Forbes has a lot of coaching and recruiting to do.

Totally agree; it must be hell for Forbes to look at his team and realize he has few, if any, guys who can compete at this level. I think we will love this guy and look forward to hhim improving our talent level. Very classy that even with the discrepancy of talent, he never criticizes his players.

Back