• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: The Rematch - Duke at WF - Wednesday 8:30 pm ACCN

One ejection is of little to no consequence.

Forbes throw a chair or really show his ass. Oates from Alabama is a great coach but lost it recently in the last seconds of a loss. K has done worse for 40 years. It’s not a negative. It’s a positive, particularly after 6 years of DM. His only technical at WFU was for calling an extra TO.

My immediate concern was that Forbes said something in the heat of the moment that hurt the ref's feelings. In todays world that would mean he would have been cancelled (fired). I hope he walked up to the ref and asked to be thrown out just to send a message to his team that he will fight for them. Shirley, someone heard what was said and can share with the group, right?

I seem to recall Manning did get one technical for saying something to the refs

It's a shame that all this went down without fans. I can imagine with fans, crowd response would have built momentum for the tech, and there would have been a huge pop when Forbes got thrown out.

I guess I should take responsibility for Joey Crawford challenging Tim to a fight and having such a quick trigger. When he was first starting out as a ref, I tried to get him to T me up many times and he refused. All those pent up Ts had to explode somewhere.

It's a shame that all this went down without fans. I can imagine with fans, crowd response would have built momentum for the tech, and there would have been a huge pop when Forbes got thrown out.

Exactly. I have a feeling he’ll give us an encore performance someday.

Not sure where the narrative of DM's only tech coming when he tried to call a timeout he didn't have. If anybody has the box score from that game, please send along, I can't remember any such circumstance.

Manning got technicals for saying shit to refs at UNC (2016) and UVA (2019).

Exactly. I have a feeling he’ll give us an encore performance someday.

I don't want this to happen very soon. It would be counterproductive if Forbes got a reputation as a hot head who said or did stuff to get himself T'd up frequently. Getting a reputation with the refs so that they have a shorter fuse before T'ing or tossing him would not be good.

I don't want this to happen very soon. It would be counterproductive if Forbes got a reputation as a hot head who said or did stuff to get himself T'd up frequently. Getting a reputation with the refs so that they have a shorter fuse before T'ing or tossing him would not be good.

It is a fine line. Hothead reputation is not good. Reputation of not taking any crap and standing up for your players is good.

My immediate concern was that Forbes said something in the heat of the moment that hurt the ref's feelings. In todays world that would mean he would have been cancelled (fired). I hope he walked up to the ref and asked to be thrown out just to send a message to his team that he will fight for them. Shirley, someone heard what was said and can share with the group, right?

If you listen to the presser, Forbes had no remorse and gave zero indication he said something inappropriate. He was also pretty clear he was standing up for his team and not trying to motivate his team. Said his main regret was not being able to be coaching his team. Based on all that, I think it's pretty safe to say it was about how the game was being called (dook can be physical with no calls but we can't touch a dook player).

It is a fine line. Hothead reputation is not good. Reputation of not taking any crap and standing up for your players is good.

Also consider, this is not Forbes' first gig. With 300 wins those refs are not dealing with a guy who is trying to figure it out. Plus, all indications is that his peers respect him, which to me means the refs are going to have to give him some personal respect.

Not sure where the narrative of DM's only tech coming when he tried to call a timeout he didn't have. If anybody has the box score from that game, please send along, I can't remember any such circumstance.

Apparently two.

does not explicitly assign blame to Manning

https://godeacs.com/news/2014/11/21/Rally_Falls_Short_Iona_Tops_Wake_Forest_85_81.aspx

After using all their allotted timeouts, Wake Forest attempted to call another and was assessed with a technical foul. Following another foul on an inbound pass, Iona sank two out of the four total free throws and was able to seal the victory after a Wake Forest turnover.

also this:

https://godeacs.com/news/2014/11/21/wake_forest_vs_iona_quotes.aspx

"First of all, I would like to give a lot of credit to Iona. They came out and played a very good ball game. They shot the ball a lot better than we would have liked. They have some very talented players and AJ English is one of the better players in the country. We did not make it tough enough on him tonight. We showed some fight in the second half and got back in the game. I made a huge mistake down the stretch as I was just trying to get the clock stopped. I was trying to lengthen out the game by fouling before the ball came in bounds to save time on the clock. It is a game where if we come out and we play like we did for certain stretches in the second half it might be a different outcome. But we are not going to beat any teams if we let them shoot 48% from the field and that is something we have to get better at."

That is a crazy box score.

Devin had 18 rebounds
CMM took 23 shots
Leonard hit 4 of 6 3s
Dinos double-double
Rountree did zero against a team he'd eventually join

Nice trip down memory lane.

Back