• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: The Rematch - Duke at WF - Wednesday 8:30 pm ACCN

Need to tune into Forbes' last radio show next Monday- should be a good listen.

Mucius gives up an open three and a layup on defense and Neath air balls a 3. Sounds about right.

Certainly would have been closer with Forbes on the bench but Duke was on fire all game. One of those games

They’ve made open shots. They’ve made contested shots. They’ve made semi-contested shots.

Q: Coach Forbes, what did you say that got you tossed?

A: The same thing all non-Duke fans have been saying for 30+ years.

They’ve made open shots. They’ve made contested shots. They’ve made semi-contested shots.

And when the miss badly or throw the ball away the ball bounces right back to them.

Not thrilled that DuBose seems to have just started chucking up bad shots once the game got out of reach.

So thankful to have coach Forbes. He has done a hell of a job with this roster. I was afraid the entire season would resemble tonight's game but he has kept this team mostly competitive despite a huge gap in talent and athleticism.

Crappy performance on both ends of the court. Duke dominated the boards and Mathew Hurt demonstrated he was the best player on the court. Again. Duke had five more FGA in each half and hit all of them (plus 3 more), so Wake absorbed a beating.

I thought Duke on offense tonight looked like FSU on offense Saturday - everything they shot went in. The difference is that our offense was so much better against FSU.

I doubt Forbes can openly discuss the double T to the press without getting fined. It would appreciated if the facts be mentioned off the record to a little birdie named Les or Conor to be discreetly mentioned in passing on an unrelated thread.

I know an ACC ref well and a while back asked him why K gets away with cussing the refs and he said because it is coach K and you have to let him speak his mind. I told him that was bull shit and he just shrugged his shoulders. K never gets Techs and it has been that way for a long time and here Forbes gets tossed without a warning.

As a former HS ref this is where I am. You just can't take this shit from anyone. Obviously I never made it to this college level but if I did and my peers told me I needed to take this shit from Duke,NC, Ville, UVA, etc but not from rest of conference I would have gone out of my way to toss upper players left and right. I wouldn't have lasted long but wouldn't be a POS like Jaime Lucky etc

Listened to the pressor. Of course Forbes was no comment on the ejection, except that he was going to fight for his players and Wake Forest. Said what he said would be discussed with the ACC office.

It was a no call on Williamson right before the ejection that got him going.

When it's posted I'd like to know how many times he used the word 'physical' to describe what dook was doing. 'push us off our spots', move us on the screens.

He said playing physical is part of good defense, but I guess if you read between the lines he's saying 'but you have call some of the crap they are doing'.

Back