• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5yo told her mother that she wants another sister on the way into work this morning, so I've got her on my side. It shouldn't be hard to get the 2yo to join our cause as well.

But the wife just turned 36 and she is not on board.

The 5yo told her mother that she wants another sister on the way into work this morning, so I've got her on my side. It shouldn't be hard to get the 2yo to join our cause as well.

You talking about your hot, young wife who enjoys balconies?

my wife doesn't hate gaming she just doesn't give a shit about it and it took me a while to get her to understand that playing with my daughter wasn't just 'parking her in front of the screen'

Yeah, that's a better way of putting it.

I think that's why I liked Luigi's Mansion 3 so much... We could play together and it was co-op instead of head-to-head. So when we achieved something, it felt like a team effort. And in some cases, we needed each other in order to complete a task.

OTOH, her shit-talking during Mario Kart is already pretty advanced for someone that loses to me pretty much every time.

That's a tough one because she's the one that matters the most in this decision. I don't think we'd have had a third kid if my wife wasn't 100% on board. She would have resented me every time things got tough due to having 3 kids instead of 2.

I mean, shit, she barely likes me now and I'm pretty blameless in terms of the difficulties of her life.

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Push presses and KB swings! EMOM for 20 minutes... 10 min of push press / 10 min of KB swings - And doing it outside due to the beautiful weather!

the other day my daughter got a catshine all by herself and it was super exciting/high fives. (she hopped in a cannon and shot up to the shine where you just run straight across the clouds, but did it during a Bowsers attack).

it was awesome

Thanks to older cousins my kids got into video games earlier than I would have preferred. We had no game system in our house when they were born. When I was a kid I could play sports games with friends for long stretches, but I was never that into it otherwise.

My kids always liked to play, and crush me, at Smash and a few other games. Then they got these old NES games on Switch. One was the original Tecmo. I asked them to play me. I made them both cry. There was no mercy. I finally had the upper hand on them in a game.

Banana-Cream-Pie_EXPS_FBMZ16_1151_B05_18_7b-2.jpg

My youngest (almost 4) found a book about being a big sister tucked away in the playroom and in consultation with her big sister (5 yo) and mother thought it would be a funny joke to bring it to me.

The topic of having more kids has been brought up by my girls, and my wife and I have talked to them about how we won't have any more children and that this is our family, so it was kind of funny to see the 4 yo excited to play a joke on me.

I feel like we are about to hit a sweet spot with our son where we can leave him with my parents overnight and can travel comparatively easy and now we are hitting the reset button on that clock.

Let the fun begin! The fun that is the worst the ACC has been in a long, long time.

I can't find an older post than this, although the quote code suggests it's post 145. Anyway - this board is 2 weeks away (or so) from turning 10 years old. Congrats to the owners on all the PROFITS they have taken from us over the years with our "contributions."

yeah it was nice to be able to kick formula to the curb -- there's 56 bucks a week back in my pocket. our daycare does everything but drinks, so we send him with a couple sippy cups of milk and one of water. but it's way easier than washing all the bottles and making a big batch of formula each night.

That will be nice, although I will (occasionally) miss rocking him to sleep with a bottle at night. Ah, trade-offs...

I feel like we are about to hit a sweet spot with our son where we can leave him with my parents overnight and can travel comparatively easy and now we are hitting the reset button on that clock.

We're talking about when we're going to start trying for #2. I'm on board with it, and think it will be good to have a sibling and playmate for el bebito, but I am definitely not looking forward to going back to square one.

Having three, on the other hand, sounds like a living hell. The wife seems to think that's ideal, but I do not want to be outnumbered.

i don't really use emojis while texting. on the discord with my friends i think these two are the most used:

emoji-yellow-face-laughing-out-260nw-669849523.jpg

and

360_F_315004341_JSpwAyJdha232mpdJ1Kvg5GM2gtVkmSt.jpg

first posts were probably in the mod forum lol, not sure if the numbering is done on a per-forum-area thing or not though

also very likely some test threads were deleted on the sports board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back