• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an email account that constantly gets sent things for the wrong person. I think its a gmail thing where for some reason there's a glitch that reroutes messages meant for someone with the same name and similar email address to me. There is someone that lives in England and another in Maine that I get emails meant for them. This time seems important as its a follow up to a job interview.

to be fair to this person, they are a recent college grad and the job is kinda entry-level-ish so that makes sense

but you simply cannot put a sub 3.0 GPA on your resume for really any reason

We hire law students all the time. If there is not a GPA on the resume it goes to the trash. Leaving it to the imagination does not work. Perhaps a 2.9 would not get hired either.

GPA has correlated highly with performance. I am sure that is not the case for all jobs.

What is almost a total waste of time is interviewing for these positions. Every now and then you eliminate someone who seems totally unstable in person, but mostly the interview does nothing to improve the hiring process.

I would be cancelled so fast if anyone every post checked me on OGB.

I've pretty much hit for the cycle for inappropriateness

Anyone have an email account that constantly gets sent things for the wrong person. I think its a gmail thing where for some reason there's a glitch that reroutes messages meant for someone with the same name and similar email address to me. There is someone that lives in England and another in Maine that I get emails meant for them. This time seems important as its a follow up to a job interview.

No, but some bro called "Chilli" had my number before me. Apparently he is a pretty big time softball player up in Stokes county.

your email address must've once belonged to turftoe

Replanted a house plant over the weekend using the recommended soil & it’s now moldy on top. Lovely!

I’ve never been to Vegas and I’m not sure it would really be my thing at this stage in life.

Are we still doing tags?

#cavworksontheweekend

Day and time no longer have any meaning.

Also, certain things are much faster from the office and because my wife is expecting I don’t go in when other people are there.

Same here. I keep 2 boxes of KIND bars in my office at all times. Unless I'm on the road, it's KIND Bar and coffee every morning. Blueberry and the Dark Chocolate Chunk are my faves
Maybe YOU'RE my boards opposite number. I'm a tea man though, never drink coffee.

I felt like an East India Company magnate when I ordered half a pound a few weeks ago. Almost two kilos of tea, baby

There's a middle school teacher in Virginia who thinks she is copying her personal email on emails to her class parents but was sending it to mine instead. A couple of months after that started, I was getting all of these emails from gas stations and grocery stores in the mid-Atlantic and then I started getting truly awful hyper-conservative scare emails last year. I got 40 scare emails in one day from whatever group this freak signed up for. They're all destroying my spam folder now, but that was annoying for a minute.

Just yesterday, her school email address was signed up for Bernie Sanders's weekly newsletter.

I have a regular assortment of people who signed up for stuff with my personal email address. So I get random emails about everything from community updates to responses to job interviews to receipts for random purchases. When I signed up for HBO Max, someone had already used my email address so I had to reset the password but I couldn’t delete their profile.

We hire law students all the time. If there is not a GPA on the resume it goes to the trash. Leaving it to the imagination does not work. Perhaps a 2.9 would not get hired either.

GPA has correlated highly with performance. I am sure that is not the case for all jobs.

What is almost a total waste of time is interviewing for these positions. Every now and then you eliminate someone who seems totally unstable in person, but mostly the interview does nothing to improve the hiring process.

Are you hiring mindless drones? I can’t imagine being part of a team who were chosen solely based on their resume.

Maybe YOU'RE my boards opposite number. I'm a tea man though, never drink coffee.

I felt like an East India Company magnate when I ordered half a pound a few weeks ago. Almost two kilos of tea, baby

Might wanna check that math again Warren Hastings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back