• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst wars ever to fight in have to factor in extreme weather conditions. So anything in the Russian winter sounds pretty fucking terrible.

mako i'm not super enjoying The Green Mile

maybe it's because it was originally a serial novel and it wasn't intended to be read all at once, but it's very slow and some of the plot lines are annoying

I'm gonna slog my way through the rest of Station Eleven tonight(totes not digging it) so I can reread The Dark Half Tomorrow.

I loved the Green Mile, but like a lot of his stuff I read it when I was much, much younger. Mako was a different person in 1998.

I'm gonna slog my way through the rest of Station Eleven tonight(totes not digging it) so I can reread The Dark Half Tomorrow.

I loved the Green Mile, but like a lot of his stuff I read it when I was much, much younger. Mako was a different person in 1998.
Not a fan of Station Eleven? I thought it was pretty good, just enough suspense.

Bros, my wife officially weighs less than she did when we got married and she is super excited about this. I kinda enjoyed the extra milf curves but regardless, she's super proud of her accomplishment. We unfortunately are taking different path up and down Mt. Hotness though.

Not a fan of Station Eleven? I thought it was pretty good, just enough suspense.

I normally like the story within a story within a story format, but I just want it to focus on the post apocalypse aspect of the novel. The other extraneous stuff feels like a time waster.

Bros, my wife officially weighs less than she did when we got married and she is super excited about this. I kinda enjoyed the extra milf curves but regardless, she's super proud of her accomplishment. We unfortunately are taking different path up and down Mt. Hotness though.

Not a bad pull for a bell pepper.

I just bought six new pairs of under armour underwear. living large.

Wtfff I just saw a headline saying that 15 people died in an accident where an SUV collided with a semi and it said that 27 (!!!) people were in the vehicle.

Wtfff I just saw a headline saying that 15 people died in an accident where an SUV collided with a semi and it said that 27 (!!!) people were in the vehicle.

Happened not far from where I grew up; has to be either farm workers moving around fields or illegal immigrants being moved north after crossing the border.

in the SUV or the semi?

incidentally my teenagers stuck at home would rank themselves somewhere around Iwo Jima

That puts her in a very rare breed. Women typically weigh the least around their wedding day and don't get back.

mako i'm not super enjoying The Green Mile

maybe it's because it was originally a serial novel and it wasn't intended to be read all at once, but it's very slow and some of the plot lines are annoying

Fuck me, one of the best movies ever made. I can't get enough of watching Tom Hanks piss.

the UTI plot line is excruuuuciating

I can imagine King getting bogged down in the details without much/any payoff. In the movies, it's a quick way to depict the healing power of Coffey while humanizing Hanks' character.

Also, what the fuck? I did not remember that Michael Clarke Duncan died of a heart attack in 2012.

In other depressing news, a freshman at VCU was found dead after a fraternity hazing ritual. Hazing really needs to be permabanned.

I enjoyed my greek days, but I think we're at the point now where Greek Life just needs to be canceled. Nothing good can come from it anymore.

It's not these kids do cool shit anymore anyways, you need to be in fraternity to sit in a room and DM each other while you vape.

In other depressing news, a freshman at VCU was found dead after a fraternity hazing ritual. Hazing really needs to be permabanned.

I wonder what the incidence of death rate is for hazing now vs. the past 50 years. Probably an impossible metric to measure with any kind of accuracy. I think a fair number of older men view hazing as a social growth tool or "necessary evil." I get that bullying (which I view as distinct from hazing) has a lot of negative connotation, but hazing seems like there's a voluntary component as there's often an organizational aspect (frat, sports team, Mako's mom).

This is my first time ever having the last class of the day as my planning period and I'm incapable of getting anything done. I probably wouldn't need to plan each night for 90-120 mins if I actually used this time wisely, but man do I check out at 1:35 when my last kids leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back