• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the flipside one of my best friends growing up just bought a 100-year old rundown shack in downtown Petaluma, CA for like $675k and I can't imagine the costs to renovate it, which they plan on doing.

dude resigned, but check this facebook post from a small town Texas mayor and that's why Texas is so cheap:

img.png

it's a different flavor altogether, and a different texture too, but gochujjang is boooooooooooooooooooooomb and so much better and more interesting than sriracha

Along the same lines, I'm happy to see spicy/sichuan chili crisp sauces enjoying a moment. I've had a couple of those as well as some spicy dumpling sauces that were fucking great and incredibly versatile.

on the flipside one of my best friends growing up just bought a 100-year old rundown shack in downtown Petaluma, CA for like $675k and I can't imagine the costs to renovate it, which they plan on doing.

infinite upside potential

There was another poster who did the same thing a few years ago. Dude stopped posting and I can't remember his screen name.

Just for a little perspective on the quality of typical "indoor shelters" in central Texas: my not-awful early C20 house in Austin would get down to below 40° in the winter (even if the outside temperature was warmer) and over 120° in the summer. No central air or heating. I was not impoverished, so I can't imagine how miserable actual poor people must be. I suspect this describes the houses of poor people across the south.

Pipes are on the outside of houses; no insulation to speak of; no central heat or even fireplaces in most houses. My house literally had a wall unit that produced a flame. Multiple people caught themselves on fire when they didn't heed the warnings. Couldn't leave that thing on for more than five minutes for safety reasons, and definitely not all night.
I had one of those when I was living in Asheville. Mostly heated my place with space heaters and the oven.

I had one of those when I was living in Asheville. Mostly heated my place with space heaters and the oven.

Hey Cata if I move to a beachhouse in Surfside, can I come up and wakeboard on your boat, bro?

of the ubiquitous choices, here are my power rankings

El Yucateco
Valentina
Tapatio
Cholula
Texas Pete's
Crystal
Louisiana
Frank's
Tabasco
Sriracha

I'd put Franks over crystal and Louisiana, otherwise solid list. Valentina I love but the flavor doesn't translate to all food perfectly.

Do not move to the Texas coast. Possibly the worst beaches on the planet. They are complete ass.

Why are they so shitty? I mean, they obviously have to be if I could afford to buy a house there, but just wondering.

Do not move to the Texas coast. Possibly the worst beaches on the planet. They are complete ass.

Rank the following beaches:

Southern California, Northern California, North Carolina, Chicago, New Jersey, Texas, Florida gulf, Florida Atlantic

I'm hurt that Cata is all about commenting on hot sauces but ignores an opportunity to be Lone Star State bros with me.

something people that don't live there don't know is that california beaches are cold

Why are they so shitty? I mean, they obviously have to be if I could afford to buy a house there, but just wondering.

The gulf water is full of silt with turns it brown and makes the sand look gross. Particularly around Galveston. Also you get all the gulf remnants washing up on the beach.

The only "nice" beaches are down near South Padre, but neither of us could afford house a there and you're so far away from everything that you may as well just move to Mexico. I flew to Austin, got a sinus infection, then drove to South Padre for a bachelor party and holy shit was it a long trip. Ended up paying like $250 to change my flight and fly directly back out of Brownsville, instead of driving back with the boys afterwards. Couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back