• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine King getting bogged down in the details without much/any payoff. In the movies, it's a quick way to depict the healing power of Coffey while humanizing Hanks' character.

Also, what the fuck? I did not remember that Michael Clarke Duncan died of a heart attack in 2012.

the book is written from Paul Edgecombe's (Tom Hanks's character) POV, i don't remember if the movie is the same. just a ton of the first 150 pages spent talking about how much his dick hurt.

This is my first time ever having the last class of the day as my planning period and I'm incapable of getting anything done. I probably wouldn't need to plan each night for 90-120 mins if I actually used this time wisely, but man do I check out at 1:35 when my last kids leave.

4th period planning is the worst. Just spent by this time of day. First is where it's at.

the book is written from Paul Edgecombe's (Tom Hanks's character) POV, i don't remember if the movie is the same. just a ton of the first 150 pages spent talking about how much his dick hurt.

the movie does focus on the dick quite a bit

my mother in law got a tip about signing up for a vaccine appt in philly and got a slot on thursday this week; she subsequently forwarded the tip along over to friends who were also able to sign up.

then apparently some of her friends got notifications that the original link wasn't meant to be shared and if they weren't 1A or 1B or whatever their appointments would be canceled.

her appt hasn't been canceled yet but she's all verklempt and saying she's just not gonna go because she doesn't want to take away an appointment from a brave first responder or something, but my wife and i keep being like GO, do it! jump the damn line! get your shot!

a co-worker said today that his family was able to go get shots across the border in Tennessee since they have excess supply and a less-than-willing population to get them. he said he would look into how to get them since his daughter signed him up for it.

my mother in law got a tip about signing up for a vaccine appt in philly and got a slot on thursday this week; she subsequently forwarded the tip along over to friends who were also able to sign up.

then apparently some of her friends got notifications that the original link wasn't meant to be shared and if they weren't 1A or 1B or whatever their appointments would be canceled.

her appt hasn't been canceled yet but she's all verklempt and saying she's just not gonna go because she doesn't want to take away an appointment from a brave first responder or something, but my wife and i keep being like GO, do it! jump the damn line! get your shot!

this happened in Austin at UT as well. https://www.kvue.com/article/news/h...ch-1/269-a5d47250-14dc-4441-beb4-9ea9949aea36

I mean with that attitude, you and your wife should just self-attest you have the assmar and go get a shot in DC.

our attitude is that everyone needs the vaccine and this rollout is too slow

idk what assmar is, can't see us getting a shot in dc til june at this point

I know somebody that works at UT & he said that he was given the link to sign up as the vaccination site had a lot of leftovers every day & they just wanted to get the shots in arms but his appointment was cancelled.

Everything I've read said that the moment you can get the shot you should. The quicker 60-70% of us gets vaccinated, the better for everyone.

Barca I also know someone who is a healthy 30-something who's now vacinnated, because the rural communities had shots that were about to expire. I'd look into it.

I'm wondering if Forsyth County is going to be in a similar position, I got my first vaccine yesterday through the Health Department/School System and they have hundreds of unfilled appointment right now for this week. I'm going to start following their social media and see if I can get wife in there one night when they need to use their remaining supply.

My mom got her first shot yesterday...She's 63 and relatively healthy. There's some kind of first come first serve deal at the hospital in Davie county. You wait in line and just hope to get the shot. She had tried 3 other times and each time they "ran out" right before her turn. The whole thing sounds like a shit show.

Another one...My step grandparents, in their 90s, lined up in 40 degree weather for hours to get their shots. Step grandpa has dementia and grandma had to keep him standing in a line in the cold for hours and explain to him that this was normal.

None of it makes sense.

my dad's gf is a pharmacist in central ohio, says she just calls up friends every night she's on vaccine duty and gives them the leftover shots

we're crushing this thing, guys

why? if the rollout is so shitty and we all have to wait anyway, why not just have everyone get in the line now and start handing out unused vaccines on a regular basis?

Because there aren't a large amount of "unused" vaccines right now. And vaccinating a healthy 30 year old before a 75 year old is terrible policy if your goal is to prevent hospitalizations and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back