• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
30% indoor capacity that is

But how long and how hard do you try to reach vulnerable populations ? There are millions of people who would get the vaccine at the drop of a hat. Yet, they're spending time and money trying to get "vulnerable populations" to get a vaccine that they just don't care to get. We've now spent months pushing vulnerable populations to the front of the line. Present the general population with an efficient and effective vaccine distribution program, one that would also be open to vulnerable populations, and whoever doesn't get it by July can easly get it the next time they go to the drug store or the doctor or the emergency room.

I mean, I acknowledge that it's an impossible situation, but I hear ya -- I don't know the answer

Texas is going 100% open no masks next week, so Texas! Also I assume South Dakota this entire time.

I think you are going to see a dramatic drop off in the number of people that follow up and get their second shot when vaccination is open to everyone. There will be way too many anecdotes of getting absolutely rocked by the second shot. It’s why I don’t understand the J&J vaccine hesitation. That protects you against severe illness and death while also more likely not giving you severe illness symptoms when administered.

I've seen two people the day after their second shots. The chills are crazy and one had a bad arm welt but all in all better than suffocating alone in a hospital.

Reactions: WRS
Yeah maybe severe symptom was the wrong terminology how about symptomatic like. In my opinion J&J is the more traditional vaccine measured by efficacy to prevent hospitalization and death. It’s good too because it prevents symptomatic infection in 70% or so if people. People looked at the first mRNA vaccine and said wow nobody ever gets symptoms after the two doses, great but to get to that point you essentially induce the flu for 24-48 hours. When measured against what could happen it’s amazing, when measured against traditional vaccine response it’s not.

That said I would take it again 1000 times over, I’d take any one of them on the market, maybe not Sputnik but yeah get vaccinated when you can with anyone that’s available.

gf's first Pfizer shot made her a little tired and regular soreness in arm
gf's second shot no symptoms at all

so ymmv

I've got anecdotes from local Black churches with clinics set up to serve those neighborhoods. My next door neighbor wound up at one of them and got a shot with no wait.

Not the same thing, but I know of multiple younger people in SC, including some from NC, who have been able to get shots from CVS in SC at the end of the day.

Either way, that effort has been made and it's time to concentrate 100% of effort on mass vaccination.

ETA: And it's not necessarily a case of supply outstripping demand as it is poor coordination.

that's fair

but there are steps between targeting low-income or otherwise marginalized communities when the criteria is set at 1B and opening the gates to everyone

I think the play may be to open it up to the next groups faster, not go full Darwin

gf's first Pfizer shot made her a little tired and regular soreness in arm
gf's second shot no symptoms at all

so ymmv

Yeah I had the Pfizer vaccine and felt essentially nothing for both doses. My arm was just a bit sore, but not much more sore than it would be after a flu shot or whatever. My roommate (who is my age, etc) felt really mild flu-like symptoms the next day though. From the anecdotes I've seen, saying that these shots induce the flu for 24-48 hours seems a bit hyperbolic, but I guess it gets that bad in some cases.

Seems to me like anyone that accepts vaccine science is real would also be willing to accept that they may get those sorts of side effects and be fine with it

Would you be cool with your wife having an onlyfans page if it meant you could retire early?

that's fair

but there are steps between targeting low-income or otherwise marginalized communities when the criteria is set at 1B and opening the gates to everyone

I think the play may be to open it up to the next groups faster, not go full Darwin

That's basically how it's going in NC. I don't know if they'll continue the targeted events through the County Health Department or not, but I suspecct they will. We've had good success locally with corporations partnering with the big health providers and sports arenas to put on mass vaccination events. So much so that the model is being presented to other municipalities.

My great uncle, who is 101, got the second shot with no problem. His girlfriend got it and they said they though she was having a stroke. YMMV.

So, my mother, armed with that information is really worried about my grandparents receiving the second shot. They're 99 and 97. She talked to their doctor and he seems to think they'll be okay without it if they're worried, or they can get it later and will be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back